Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Live effects

I'm trying to run an external effects pad that allows you to manipulate the sound on a yx axis and then record the new sound that I make. But i want to do it on a piece of audio that's already in pro-tools is that possible.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Live effects

hi josh,

not sure i got that right, but i think you wanna record the wet signal of your outboard fx on an audio track, right? if yes: create a new audio track (depending on the fx, mono or stereo), connect the output of the external fx with an input of your interface, assign that input to the newly created track. in the source track (the one that you already recorded in pt), activate a send and assign that to one of the outputs of your interface. connect this one with your fx' input. record enable the target track (the newly created one), and hit RECORD. that should work.

hope this helps, any questions, let me know. peace, K