Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 07-23-2021, 12:03 PM

Default I try to use Pro Tools First for my MIDI, but I have several problems

Hi everyone. I am a total newbie; I have purchased a MIDI for the first time. However, I have the following problems:

Xpand plays for 5 seconds and then stalls for 5 seconds.

Moreover, some of my instruments are not listed in menu.

Many thanks for your help and time in advance.

Last edited by PolarBear7; 07-25-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:11 PM

Default Re: I try to use Pro Tools First for my MIDI, but I have several problems

With Pro Tools First and Xpand, yes, I think your problems may be from installing the MBox versions. I would uninstall everything, then go into your Avid account, download and install PTF from there.

Also have a look at the Pro Tools First FAQ for answers to a lot of your questions.

System Details
Old 07-24-2021, 02:42 PM

Default Re: I try to use Pro Tools First for my MIDI, but I have several problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
With Pro Tools First and Xpand, yes, I think your problems may be from installing the MBox versions. I would uninstall everything, then go into your Avid account, download and install PTF from there.

Also have a look at the Pro Tools First FAQ for answers to a lot of your questions.
Hello Junkgear. Thank you very much for your help.

Do you have any idea why Xpand plays 5 seconds and then stalls for 5 seconds? Do I have a problem, or is it a kind of demo feature?

Again, thank you very much for your time.

Last edited by PolarBear7; 07-25-2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:28 AM

Xpand is not a demo version in PTF and should not be stalling. Without knowing much about your system, it’s difficult to tell what may be the problem. Does audio in general work okay in PTF? Xpand is sample based, so how much memory do you have? Are your drives fast enough to support sample playback?

You can read through the Help Us Help You thread for general setup, optimization and troubleshooting tips.

Also take a look at the Pro Tools First System Requirements to make sure you meet the minimum requirements.

System Details