Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-24-2021, 03:55 AM

Default Artist mix very low lights

Hi! I just got a second hand Artist Mix that supposedly has not been used much. The problem I have is that the screen as well as the buttons have a very low level of light. In daylight you can barely make out wether the lights are on or not and the screen looks dimmed. Actually, it is like it is stuck in the dimmed mode, because as it starts up and tests out in vegas mode, the lights are plenty strong. Has anyone found a workaround for this? I am on the lastest version of everything and for example there is no way to set the sleep time to "never" like some suggest. Is there a more powerful way to reset it than just pressing Top/back while powering up? When I do that I get no feedback whatsoever handout it being reset.

Phone +46707773443
Old 06-24-2021, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Artist mix very low lights

Since the power button on the Mix is a soft power button, try unplugging it before doing the rest (unplug power, replug power, then hold the back button + power button to start.)

Check if your firmware is up-to-date in Eucontrol.

In Eucontrol, Preferences tab, Change the OLED Screen Saver time. That used to be listed as the Dim time for the OLED displays for the Artist Mix. I'm guessing it still works that way for the Artist Mix.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:48 AM

Thanks! I Think the suggestion to unplug the power chord was the solution. I had tried everything you suggested and I googled away for hours. It seems many have this issue, but nobody has a working solution for low lights on the Artist Mix.

Today I at least got the dimming to work following a reset directly after a long period of power down - hard style with the cord unplugged. It now goes from low to extremely low

So, my question still remains.. Is there a way to get more light power to the buttons and screens? I have only tried in daylight so far (it hardly gets dark in Sweden this time of the year) I can barely make out the green light for the "on" buttons. The red "solo" buttons are plenty bright even in dimmed mode. The screens look half dimmed when full on. I used to own one of these back in the days and just got this one.

I have the correct power supply and it delivers a little over 15v, so that is not the problem either. Perhaps it is just old and worn out, but the seller assures me it has hardly been used.

Phone +46707773443

Last edited by WorldStudios; 06-26-2021 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:34 AM

I have the same problem. Did anyone manage to solve this?
Old 07-14-2021, 01:11 AM

So far, Avid support has not been able to help me. They keep going back to square one asking for a video of the problem. I have a hard time capturing the problem on video because the camera compensates for the low light by increasing its sensitivity, so it look good on video. I have explained that to them but got no response - except “please send a video of the problem”. Kafka - is that you?

Phone +46707773443
Old 07-15-2021, 12:30 AM

i'm not KAFKA))
Old 07-16-2021, 02:37 PM
Avid

I know the these are not meant for the Mix but have you tried the Display Brightness controls on the EuControl Pref page...maybe they got screwed up and now control the Mix too!
Old 07-17-2021, 12:48 AM

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I have, but not sure. Will try again! 😀

Phone +46707773443
Old 07-23-2021, 12:22 AM

That setting is greyed out and can not be changed, so that’s a no-go.

Phone +46707773443
Old 07-05-2023, 07:02 AM

Anybody else have this problem... the ON green buttons are almost not on...Ive seen some videos and they are much brighter.. Ive owned this from new, and only just fired it back up to use...and cant see the on buttons..any ideas..Anything I can do, or engineer inside to boost these lights... tried rests, etc and tests, etc
Artist Mix Direct connection to Ethernet Port