Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 10-31-2016, 08:25 AM

Default Strange Sends on Fader behavior

Hi,

Is it just a bug, or a deisred behavior, that when I am on an OUTPUT layer, and solo it (for example a St Aux Master) then nothing happens. No sends on Fader.
Even if I hit the attention twice, it just makes a spill and not a Solo+Spill what would be desired for monitor mixing...
ALthrough if I am on the Venue mode, then in the maseter section when I do the same to a stereo Aux MAster, it works like I want....

Thanks,

Tamas
Old 10-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: Strange Sends on Fader behavior

In Options > Busses, do you have "Sends on Faders follows AFL", checked for the monitor bus that you're cueing?

[email protected]
Old 10-31-2016, 10:03 AM
Avid

Oh, sorry, yes, you're on an outputs page. None of those could be sending into any mix.

So if you were to flip to sends on faders while in that mode, you would have no faders active at all.

This is intentionally disabled.

[email protected]
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
Oh, sorry, yes, you're on an outputs page. None of those could be sending into any mix.

So if you were to flip to sends on faders while in that mode, you would have no faders active at all.

This is intentionally disabled.
Thanks,

I did expect that while being on the OUTPUT layer, when I spill+solo an AUX master, then the same happens, as when I do it in VENUE mode on the master section's 8 Faders with an SUX master....
Obviously this is not the case....

Also I can not combine Spill + sends on fader from the universe view, so that is just an option in the VENUE mode???

Thanks,

Tamas
Old 10-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Avid

There's a bit of confusing logic on the spill + sends on faders workflow. Everything within the universe view is a single mode, meaning you can be in attention mode, solo, mute, spill mode etc. I've found that it's not the most effective, so I'm hoping to change a bit of the logic there so a user can be in more than one at once, hence a user should be able to solo AND spill with one press... Working on it.

[email protected]
Old 10-31-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
There's a bit of confusing logic on the spill + sends on faders workflow. Everything within the universe view is a single mode, meaning you can be in attention mode, solo, mute, spill mode etc. I've found that it's not the most effective, so I'm hoping to change a bit of the logic there so a user can be in more than one at once, hence a user should be able to solo AND spill with one press... Working on it.

That would be very useful indeed ;-)

Thanks,

Tamas