Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-22-2021, 04:06 PM

Default Recording live show w/ Venue-PT record chase time code

I have been using a Pro Tools HD system to record live shows and have been getting clock and smpte from video. I am looking to switching to an S6L to be my front end instead of racks of mic preamps.
Since I can't use my Sync IO since it communicates through the HDX cards how can I get my pro tools recording to chase?
Smpte to MIDI device is the only option I can think of. Absolute novice to the S6L and it will be for recording only. Don't need to mix or trigger snapshots etc. Just need the audio files to be time stamped the same as the video.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Recording live show w/ Venue-PT record chase time code

Hi Nick. There's a facebook group called "Avid S6L Experts" - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1222569707778731/. It has more people than in this forum. I would suggest to ask your question there.

P.S. Also there's an official "Avid Live Sound Users" group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/avidlivesound/
Old 07-23-2021, 07:58 AM

I would ask this question in the Facebook "AVID S6L Experts" forum. Most of the guys that do this on a daily basis peruse that forum daily.

That being said, what I would try if you're trying to receive SMPTE, lock the desk to it sample accurately, AND record it into PT is to use your SYNC HD as a clock Master. Get your SMPTE feed from the lighting and video guys into your Sync HD. Run Word Clock out of the Sync HD to the Word Clock IN of the E6L engine, This will give you sample accurate sync to the incoming SMPTE stream. Then send the LTC Out of the Sync HD to a splitter that would send LTC to both the back of the S6L surface AND to a Stage Rack input. This will allow the desk to lock to SMPTE and give you a recordable SMPTE stream INTO your PT session all at the same time.

Again, if the above doesn't work, then I would hit up the "AVID S6L Experts" forum. Good luck and let us know if this solution works.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
That being said, what I would try if you're trying to receive SMPTE, lock the desk to it sample accurately, AND record it into PT is to use your SYNC HD as a clock Master. Get your SMPTE feed from the lighting and video guys into your Sync HD...
SMPTE + blackburst