Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 08-04-2021, 11:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: Open PI preset from surface

I put off Plugin Instantiation, Preset Recall and I/O patching (all the same thing) on S6 because I wanted to improve on what we have(scrolling through with the knob) on the older EUCON surfaces. Unfortunately the way I want to do it(in a more graphical way, using the S6 screen) turned out to be a lot larger task than originally thought, so got postponed.
It is still high on the list but we are working on Swap Layers and the Assignable Knob at the moment as these are controls not programed yet, plus an increase in performance. I hope to get to it after the next release.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I put off Plugin Instantiation, Preset Recall and I/O patching (all the same thing) on S6 because I wanted to improve on what we have(scrolling through with the knob) on the older EUCON surfaces. Unfortunately the way I want to do it(in a more graphical way, using the S6 screen) turned out to be a lot larger task than originally thought, so got postponed.
It is still high on the list but we are working on Swap Layers and the Assignable Knob at the moment as these are controls not programed yet, plus an increase in performance. I hope to get to it after the next release.
An elegant touch screen method for instantiation would be nice for sure but I do think there's also benefit to being able to do it on the surface on the channel strip, especially if the scrolling list adheres to the plugin type folders instead of being 1 big list (e.g. you push into EQ and it shows the EQs).. both would be ideal..
Old 08-13-2021, 12:14 PM
Avid

Performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiejones View Post
i put off plugin instantiation, preset recall and i/o patching (all the same thing) on s6 because i wanted to improve on what we have(scrolling through with the knob) on the older eucon surfaces. Unfortunately the way i want to do it(in a more graphical way, using the s6 screen) turned out to be a lot larger task than originally thought, so got postponed.
It is still high on the list but we are working on swap layers and the assignable knob at the moment as these are controls not programed yet, plus an increase in performance. I hope to get to it after the next release.
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-13-2021, 03:55 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Performance!
v2021.10
Old 08-13-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
v2021.10
That’s soon!
Old 10-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
v2021.10
Assuming this was not a joke will you have info on this soon?
Old 10-04-2021, 02:15 PM
Avid

We are still on track for the end of this month.
Old 12-17-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Hi Eddie, is plugin management and assignable knob on tap for the next release?
Old 12-17-2021, 04:45 PM
Avid

Soon but not the next release. We got the Swap and the performance in the last release and the assignable knob in the next.....then maybe.....
Old 04-25-2022, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Soon but not the next release. We got the Swap and the performance in the last release and the assignable knob in the next.....then maybe.....
Alright swap and assignable knob stuff is all done (both great stuff), now’s the time for plug-in/preset management! :)