Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM

Default MIDI not working after update to PT 7.4.2

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I have macbook 2Ghz with Leopard 10.5.4 and Mbox 2 Pro tools LE 7.4.2

I have a Yamaha PSR-195 keyboard hooked up to the midi ports on the Mbox. I start a new session and create a new stereo instrument track. I enable the EZ Drummer plugin in the mixer window and the plugin pops up with the drum set. I can hit the drums with the cursor and I get sound through headphones from Mbox and the level meter goes up on the mixer window. So far so good.

On the instrument track 1 strip in mix window Ezdrummer is set as the output MIDI on channel 1, the Yamaha keyboard is set as the MIDI input device set to channel 1 as well. I arm the track for recording hit the keys on the keyboard and nothing.

I have MIDI through enabled, and the yamaha keyboard is set as the MIDI input device as well. In OS X MIDI Audio Setup program it shows the mbox 2 and the keyboard both hooked up properly to each other. I am fairly new at this MIDI thing and the keyboard was working before I upgraded to 7.4.2 from 7.3.1

I am thinking some setting somewhere got wiped out when I upgraded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: MIDI not working after update to PT 7.4.2

Try this:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Default Re: MIDI not working after update to PT 7.4.2

Thanks for the suggestion however it didn't fix the problem.

I connected my Edirol usb MIDI adapter and loaded the ezdrummer plug-in through garage band and it works fine. This tells me its the MIDI driver for the Mbox2 is not working. Possibly due to the 10.5.4 OS X update?

Is there any way to update the Mbox 2 MIDI driver?