Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Power Supply/Harness Replacement Aftermath

Ok,

I recieved my replacement power supply and power harness in the mail and installed them into my 002R following all of the instructions.

Now, Step No. 8 specifically says:

Plug in unit and turn it on. The "MUTE" LED should go on. No other LEDs should be illuminated.

I did that. The red MUTE LED did indeed come on.........but so did the GREEN Sample Rate 44.1 LED.

I turned the unit on and off, the same thing happened. I cycled through the "MUTE", "MONO" and the "ALT SRC" buttons, and they were all functioning just fine turning on and off.

Now did I do something wrong, or were these instructions just not proofread well enoughwhen they were typed up? They do say that no other LEDs should be illuminated. On the other hand their are two mistakes in the instructions 1)No mention of removing the power cable from the old power supply (which, you obviously need to do to take it out, but it still would've been nice to see it in the instructions) and 2) Step No.9 lists the MONO button as a SOLO button. (!?!?!?!?)

So, is there something that I'm missing here, or are the instructions not quite detailed enough as to whether they're talking about all the LED's or just the ones with buttons? It seems that the Green sample rate light is supposed to come on, but these instructions have me confused. Please help.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Power Supply/Harness Replacement Aftermath

Sounds to me like a typo, because every 002 I have ever used (which is a few now) a clock speed is always indicated after initial power on.

This has always been 44.1 from what I can remeber.

Cheers,
Scott Harloff
Powermac G5 dual 2.0
2GB DDR400 Ram
PTLE 7.1cs6
Old 02-08-2006, 01:28 PM

Thanks. I had a feeling that was what was going on, but I just wanted to make sure.

Ok, so I start up my rack, click on Pro Tools, and get a message that says:

Application Launch Failure The application "Pro Tools LE 6.9.2" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "-<Pro Tools PPC dbg><Pro Tools PPC dbg><DAE><>"

Also, the firewire green 1394 LED is not coming on.

And yes, I did check the troubleshooting tips. There is nothing in the DAE Preference folder to trash, nor are there any DigiSetup.OSX, Pro-Tools prefs, or digidesign databases to speak of.

I recently went from OSX 10.4.4 back to 10.4.3. Would that have anything to do with it? The Pro-Tools icon still appears on my dock.

Please help!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:59 PM

*BUMP*
Old 02-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Avid

You need to uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools. Information on how to do this can be found in the same general troubleshooting thread.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:24 AM

I found myself in need of a Power Supply/Harness Replacement cable. How do I get them?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm having the same issue running:
002R - Pro Tools 7.4 LE on OS 10.4.11 - Music Production Toolkit
G5 Dual Processor 2.5 GHz - 3 Gigs RAM

I looked through the side vents regarding the power harness suggestion and I have one solid green light and one blinking one inside the chassis. I thought this meant there is not a power harness issue. Am I wrong about that?

I am original owner of the 002R and it has been running smoothly since I bought it about 7 years ago. I've installed nothing new in months and it just went out yesterday. I tried both FW ports on back of 002R and the TI firewire card installed on my Mac with same result. I am getting a steady green light on 44.1 Sample Rate and Steady red light on MUTE on front panel (and will not unmute if I press it). On back panel, the 1394 light is blinking and I am getting a clicking sound.

The message I get upon booting of PT is:
Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure your hadware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready.

I get this after it finishes loading the plugins if that makes any difference, but again, I've installed nothing new in a while.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:50 PM

I cannot wait to get rid of my 002. Been back to the factory and has had two power harnesses - - and it still goes out. I think the product was a turkey and I bet we see an 004 just so AVID can put the Digi hardware nightmare behind them.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
I cannot wait to get rid of my 002. Been back to the factory and has had two power harnesses - - and it still goes out. I think the product was a turkey and I bet we see an 004 just so AVID can put the Digi hardware nightmare behind them.
My 003 work fine for the last 2 years without any glitch.