Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-21-2021, 01:52 PM

Default updated to Pro Tools 2021 and now only have 24 bus sends instead of 32

I recently upgraded to Pro Tools 2021 as a new install on my laptop and now I only see that I have 24 bus sends instead of 32. Can anyone tell me what happened to the other 8 bus sends? I went to the I/O configurration and it still only shows an available 24 bus sends even after clicking Default.

I'm prettu sure I should have 32 bus sends...any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-21-2021, 04:20 PM

Default Re: updated to Pro Tools 2021 and now only have 24 bus sends instead of 32

You can have more than 32 busses. You simply create as many as you need up to the limit, which I can’t remember atm. I think it’s 128 on the standard version, but it may have been increased.

Defaulting the I/O setup should fix this issue. If you say it didn’t, maybe try trashing your preferences file and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2021, 06:40 PM

Default Re: updated to Pro Tools 2021 and now only have 24 bus sends instead of 32

Assuming the OP is NOT running Pro Tools First; either go to Setup>IO>Bus tab and create(add path) as many buses as you like. Of, use the "new track" option(when you create a send, use the New Track option so you don't need to choose from the list of buses, PT just creates a new path to the new track

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-22-2021, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
You can have more than 32 busses. You simply create as many as you need up to the limit, which I can’t remember atm. I think it’s 128 on the standard version, but it may have been increased.

Defaulting the I/O setup should fix this issue. If you say it didn’t, maybe try trashing your preferences file and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's like 256 now. You start with the regular 128 busses and if you do like I do where instead of routing a track or a send to a bus you select the 'new track' option which creates a new bus that does NOT eat into the first 128 busses. That new track then gets to be used the same way as if you sent the send or track to a bus.

Something confuses me: the OP talks about bus sends. Is he really talking about busses or sends?

QAPLA!