Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Default iLok Velvet Registration Problems

Ok so I am a recent mac convert. I used pro tools on my PC with Velvet 1.3
I am installing all my plugs/samples on my new mac and when I try booting pro tools, Velvet says I need to register/buy. I already bought velvet and I already have a license in my iLok saying "Velvet 1.3" It says that my iLok does not have the license. I realized that my license was 1.3 but my version of velvet was v1 because I installed from the disc I own. I thought I should update to 1.3 so I went to Avid's site and updated to 1.3 and it STILL does not recognize my license on my iLok. I have dled both the iLok Client and the Drivers and installed both.

What do I do ??? (besides paying them even more money for something I have already purchased.)

P.S. Yes I am on OSX Lion but I have got 8.05 to work (just like the airusersblog said) All my other licenses (eg. bomb factory stuff) works fine with my iLok so I do not think it is an issues with Lion.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Default Re: iLok Velvet Registration Problems

Also when I click "buy" I am presented with 2 options.. insert some card or continue without it. I don't have any place to insert a card on my MBP.... ya.. so I clicked continue. Then it gave 2 more choices. Internet Activation which fails and gives you some broken link to avids website. and Manual Activation which gives you a "Challenge" and you must respond correctly to the challenge. The so called "Challenge" is a bunch of random nonsense in capital letters. The challenge is just so weird I have no idea how to respond to such nonsense.

so ya. I'm completely stuck
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Re: iLok Velvet Registration Problems

k i fixed the problem by not installing the CD version but installing the dl version that was linked to my Digi acct.