Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 PM

Thumbs down iLok.com won't recognize my iLok

When I log onto the site, I instead get this message as it continues to try to look for an iLok:

"The Active-X component that talks to your iLok was not initialized. If your ilok.com client software was installed before June 4th, 2008, you need to update your client software by visiting this page to download a software update. If you have updated your software, but there is currently a security warning at the top of your browser window from Internet Explorer that you need to click on the warning and let the Active-X component load. After clearing the warning, Try your ilok.com operation again."

I've installed both drivers that iLok.com says I need.

I can go into the site and see my iLok information that [I guess] I set up previously, including my plug-ins (which I'm trying to get at) but even here it says that no iLok's were found.

Having this problem on new computer; had this problem on old computer too with same iLok. Is my iLok trapped between worlds? Should I encourage it to go into the light, or can we still bring it back to us?

I'm sure this has come up before. Point me to the right thread, anyone?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 AM

Default Re: iLok.com won't recognize my iLok

Ilok.com hates firefox. You will need to use internet explorer or google chrome to be able to use their website functions. They are still trying to make it compatible with firefox 4 and 5 while we are now on firefox 10... go figure.. I think firefox sends out updates a bit too frequently which is why Ilok.com gave up with making it compatible. So, just use IE or Chrome.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM

Actually thought of that already; sorry, I should've been more specific but it slipped my mind. I usually only use Chrome, but I also tried IE just to be thorough.

Oh, and I also shut down my antivirus/security on downloads and internet browsing while doing the installs at one point, as a suggestion by iLok.com.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpanda View Post
Actually thought of that already; sorry, I should've been more specific but it slipped my mind. I usually only use Chrome, but I also tried IE just to be thorough.

Oh, and I also shut down my antivirus/security on downloads and internet browsing while doing the installs at one point, as a suggestion by iLok.com.
At this point I would email them to see if they see a problem with your ilok or account.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM

See if any of this helps:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=313058
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Thumbs up The solution.

After filing a claim at iLok.com and getting some help from one of their people, I found the [relatively simple] solution to the problem and iLok.com is now recognizing my iLok. I also have all of my plug-in licenses now. PHEW! Thought I'd come back and try to explain the problem and solution to the best of my ability:

Firstly, iLok hates Chrome and doesn't much care for Firefox 3.6 (even though they first suggested I try Firefox.) It also hates Internet Explorer 64-bit. The bottom line? It makes sweet love to Internet Explorer 32-bit.

This is not to be confused with the aforementioned IE 64-bit. To find the 32-bit version, I had to hold the Window key and press E, then navigate through the following file path: (I am a lay person. I shall explain it as TO a lay person.)

C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/InternexExplorer/iexplore.exe

I ran iexplore.exe and went back to iLok.com, where my iLok was immediately recognized, and a few seconds later I had all of my plug-ins. I am a happy noob.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:00 AM

Default Re: The solution.

I had about the same problem that they would not recognize my iLok and after working with the iLok tech support they determined my iLok was defective.

I had an original model iLok and they replaced it with a new iLok2. The new iLok has lasted long enough to be out of warranty. Now, I have to unplug and plug it back in to get the blue light to come on and work. I've changed USB ports and it still does the same thing. Fortunately, I have an original model iLok that came with PT MP9 and I can move all my licenses over to that one if needed.

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 AM

Turn off power save mode for your usb ports.
Maybe?
1 x 1TB System Drive
1 x 320Gig Seagate HDD
1 x 500Gig Seagate HDD
UAD-2 Solo
Steinberg UR44
KRK RP5
Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit
Sonar Platinum
Cubase 8
Sony Acid Pro 7
Sampletank 2 XL
EZDrummer
Guitar Rig 5
ProTools 12.3

All legit software thank you very much.

Yes I have a low post count but only because I don't have a lot of problems with my gear.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM

I figured out the problem on my Ilok2 that wasn't connecting. I have two iLok keys as noted in my other post and the second one for PT MP9 was causing the problem. I removed the MP9 key and left the iLok2 key installed and I've powered the PC off and back on about 6 times, testing it and the iLok2 key connects every time. I think I'll transfer the PT MP9 license to the iLok2 key and just use the one since two keys can conflict (I was told they wouldn't).

My Ilok2 key has Antares and POD Farm 2 on it, that I use with Sonar X1c Extended Professional (My "production DAW").

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM

thank you very much mate. I found the 32-bit version of explorer in the start menu under the 64-bit version (just named internet explorer).

Im pretty sure you've saved me a lot of time. As per usual though the communication between client and supplier is pretty terrible. Things like this should be a lot more clearer.

But.. [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] all that, lemme crack open this PT10 finally!! Bought it days ago!! Jeeeeez