Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Default Focusrite 8i6. Whats the secret to making it work with PT 10?

Man this has just been a drag to deal with.

I'm getting a lot of noise that I think might be due to my digi002r, so I'm trying to get my new Focusrite 8i6 to work, and I can't make it work on my brand new creation station 450 from sweetwater music with win 7.

I installed the disc - drivers... followed all of the instructions, and then after having no luck I went to the site and installed all the latest drivers available and started from there. Then I noticed USB 3 drivers available on the site, so I tried those with my usb3 ports - no go.

No matter what I try I get all kinds of different errors. Anything from PT not being able to even see the devise to the buffer size being wrong.
And to make matters worse some times the focusrite mixer software will see the hardware and then it won't... And when the focusrite mixer can't see the 8i6 - windows device manager can and says it's working properly.

Sorry I can't give exact error messages, I will in a follow up post when I get back to the studio - I'm home now crying in my beer.

I thought this would be simple... buy focusrite, take out of box, follow set up instructions, enjoy tracking music - I was wrong.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Focusrite 8i6. Whats the secret to making it work with PT 10?

I had to "jump through hoops" to get my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 to work with PT10. Focusrite tech support was no help but Sweetwater Tech Support helped me to get it working, although even after I got it working with PT10 it was iffy. The Saffire Pro 40 works without problems in Sonar.

Give Sweetwater a call and see if they can help.

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.