Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Macbookpro running win XP results

Hello. Radio Moo, as far as I can tell you are the only that continually posts on these threads that you don't care about them. I haven't seen anyone else post here or other threads and specifically tell people to go to the Windows forum. Until 'most' people on this forum go to these threads and specifically post saying so, I don't know how you can make such a claim that 'most people here don't care'. Most of the people I have seen here and in real life have at least a passing interest and curiosity on the subject.

I don't know why you have seen it fit to appoint yourself DUC moderator and tell people what they can and can not post and where to do it. If you don't like these threads, very simply don't read them. Avoid all threads that have these themes in the titles. By the way, even if two thousand billion people posted on these threads that they didn't want these things posted here, it wouldn't be up to the majority to decide anything. You can't decide these things, I can't decide these things, users can't decide these things, administrators do.

With all due respect to you, you seem to have taken a very hostile attitude to this entire string of threads from day one, and if you really are aggravated by them or think the subject is dumb, then simply avoid the threads altogether, no one is forcing you to read them and/or post in them.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:34 PM

In defence froyo is right. He is only providing info for Intel Mac users who have a need
to use Pro Tools for their job untill Pro Tools is ready for Mac Intel computers.
As much as some users here dislike Windows XP,some have a job to do and will make use
of their new computers to get the job done no matter what it takes.

I myself am looking at a new Mac and I would like to know this specific information
so that I'll know what to expect when using Bootcamp/XP/Pro Tools. If you would bother
to turn your nose back down for a minute,and look at the PT/XP part of the forum you'll
see that some have expressed their feelings that this kind of topic should be posted HERE.

This is a very grey area and regaurdless if anyone likes it or not, there are gonna be
more topics on this matter in both forums untill either Digi releases PT for Intel Mac's
or the moderators create a special forum for Intel Mac OS(highly unlikely and would be
surprised if they did)

If you dislike the posts,then don't read them. It's that simple
PT Mpowered 8.04, Logic 9.1.1
Waves SSL,Omnisphere,Korg Legacy Digital
Absynth 4, EZ Drummer
Project Mix I/O w/ Black Lion Mod
Axiom 61,25, Korg Nano Pad
Old 04-22-2006, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Do you need to purchase a Windows XP disc if you already have a PC running XP? Or can you simply use the installation disc that came with that PC?

Also, if you can use the installation disc that came with the PC, is Service Pack 2 really necessary?

Thanks for your help.
I also would like to know, but most likely we'd probably need to purchase another Win disc since it's a whole new hardware profile, so the copy protection will kick in in a month. This is what's keeping me from installing bootcamp, since I already have PT on an athlon64 laptop, though not dualcore. I WANT to install it, just because I can, but I'm having a hard time trying to find more reasons to, especially if I have to buy another XP disc.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 AM

I'm running PTLE7.1 in intel iMac.. I also have problems with midi.. the output from miditracks just stops evey now and then.. so midi is pretty much not usable.. at least now.. I have no idea what produce this problem yet..

The overall performance is great though..

I loaded BFD and let it loop through 6 pattern with autofill and stuff.. let it output to 12 auxtracks (or how many it is, i ran the full outputs).. had tracks compressors and eqs on every track, one digi delay and one waves rVerb (both as sends though), then I recorded three audio tracks and put compressors and eqs on them.. the processor stayed at 30% load..

but then again, it doesn't matter as long as midi isn't working..
Old 04-22-2006, 11:40 AM

so those of you that have done it...do you need to purchase a new XP disc to run bootcamp??
Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 AM

you need a copy of WinXP Pro SP2 (it's critical that's it's SP2). you may be able to use an existing OEM version of WinXP (others have reported success with this) but the vendor recommendation (Apple and MS) is to use a retail copy. and yes there is a difference. Most OEM versions only install on the HW that they are shipped with.

you can look here for more detailed info:

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1165

fwiw, i've been running WinXP on my MBP for two weeks and it's been flawless. faster than the IBM/Dell laptops they issue @ work (much much faster).

I have not however taken the plunge running Protools on this machine (still have a dedicated G4 tower for that).

hope this helps. thx.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:26 PM

I'm with you Froyo. I run OSX, but we have two Intel Macs here, and i find these threads interesting and relevant.

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 04-24-2006, 12:24 AM

Audio running very well but midi completely shot. MBP 2gig/2ghz PTLe Mbox 2, Win XP home ed SP2, latest versions of everything.
Any clues on how to get midi working on this? It just plays a few notes the grinds to a halt.
Don
Old 04-24-2006, 03:59 AM

Quote:
I'm with you Froyo. I run OSX, but we have two Intel Macs here, and i find these threads interesting and relevant.
That's great! Then you should really be thrilled to discuss Windows issues on the Windows Forum! Give it a try!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
That's great! Then you should really be thrilled to discuss Windows issues on the Windows Forum! Give it a try!
Sounds like someone needs to get laid