How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-26-2019, 10:18 AM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Might grab another, but I'm up to March 2022 for now.
Nothing stopping them from NOT honoring paid in advance perpetual renewals if it's something they no longer support.

Think of all those with a $10k-$20k control surface that didn't work anymore with a new Pro Tools release.

Sorry, we don't support that anymore.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yeah I am sure Wallstreet investors are reading gossip and guessing from disgruntled members on the DUC for ”reasearch” LOL!!

institutional investors do that. They take in as much information abotu a market segment as possible. Generally a couple guys would focus on a certain industry and then know as muc as possible about that industry. That why the every day man day trader cant compete with them.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM

its literally someones job to watch this failboat in real time...

A stock analysts is a person—typically employed by a large bank, investment firm or analysis company—who devotes his/her life to learning and making predictions about a company and its future performance. ... Because this is incredibly demanding work, stock analysts typically only monitor one or two companies at a time.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
institutional investors do that. They take in as much information abotu a market segment as possible. Generally a couple guys would focus on a certain industry and then know as muc as possible about that industry. That why the every day man day trader cant compete with them.
Wow I really had NO idea but I believe you even though it sounds very expensive to me to have people scour forums etc but if you think about it that does make sense.

Sorry if I came off snippy, I was trying to be ”cheaky” however that is hard to express in words only and not F2F

Anyway thanks for that info and again sorry if i came off wrong

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Wow I really had NO idea but I believe you even though it sounds very expensive to me to have people scour forums etc but if you think about it that does make sense.

Sorry if I came off snippy, I was trying to be ”cheaky” however that is hard to express in words only and not F2F

Anyway thanks for that info and again sorry if i came off wrong

all good.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsexton View Post
Makes you wonder if they set this latest brushfire to get everyone to run toward the Black Friday sales.
How low a company can sink, to make use of shenanigans for that cause?
Well, they don't stop to surprise us...Greed is huge driving force.

Many people don't bite anymore, when i had a conversation early today, with a colleague about this matter, he said: "Who gives a **** anymore".

The story of the "Shepherd and the Wolf"...

Cheers!
Old 11-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
Nothing stopping them from NOT honoring paid in advance perpetual renewals if it's something they no longer support.

Think of all those with a $10k-$20k control surface that didn't work anymore with a new Pro Tools release.

Sorry, we don't support that anymore.
What can i say, it worked and it gave me a year for roughly £92. I'm not exactly happy with the situation but i'll bend over and take it once more for 50% discount. Doubling the price for no reason is absurd, and sure you can argue 'oh you'll make it back in a few hours' but it's the principal. What if everyone's rent doubled overnight? Where's the limit? What if by 2022 it's doubled again to 400 a year?!

As far as I can tell, if the code is entered into your avid account and the time is applied to the account, then they shouldn't go back on it, the fault lies with thomann if the price is wrong. If they do somehow remove it retroactively, then they might have just accelerated my future plans that's all S1 is an absolute beast for people who don't do post (16 samples, could run every plugin that buckles in PT below 128) but workflow is king, and i'm about to become a father. I don't see getting fast in a different DAW being at the top of my priority list. I think when the time comes I'll just have to cling to my last version for as long as possible with no updates.

I get so annoyed with this, that I just try and forget about it, it's that depressing to witness.

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
I find it totally ridiculous to complain about the shenanigans Avid brings every time, then give them your money and call it a deal. (put a huge FACEPALM emoticon here).

"Stop beating me please, but take that cash to get a new baseball bat".

It is called the Stockholm syndrome, you should check it out before it gets worse!

The only way to pass the message is to stop paying them, otherwise you are just embarrassing yourselves and they laugh at you having your cash upfront....again...

Cheers!

p.s. Is there any BF deal to reinstate my lapsed plan??
This, 100%. But at the same time I can easily understand someone who have no choice but to continue with PT for whatever reason this person have.

Just as a comparison, I had 200$ budget for BF deals and I went with an update to my Komplete 8 license. It was the same price as if I was coming from Komplete 11 and I had 46 new products in my account for 99$USD(150$CAD with sale taxes). No penalty or reinstatement fees updating my 6+ years old license. That’s the kind of company policy I want to support.

Blink
Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 PM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...nstatement-faq

No more reinstatement just subscription or full price.
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 11-27-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledude View Post
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...nstatement-faq

No more reinstatement just subscription or full price.
LOL they are constantly determined to shoot themselves in the foot.

PT is dead, I made a big mistake even buying one of the Thomann plans for $95.

After what I have seen that nothing has been fixed in 2019.10.. I am actually convinced they actually never fix *anything* important (like reloading projects and midi assignments missing.. i mean you can't get more basic fundamental essential than that), I am convinced they are so up themselves that they actually believe people will pay anything just because it's Pro tools. Maybe all the users who call us Pro Fools had it right all these years. Maybe we are indeed fools and the joke is on us. We've been treated with contempt and we continue to give them money to do so.