Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Default Purchased multiple licenses but only delivered 1

Not exactly sure where to post this. I just bought 3 upgrade versions of PT9 but I've only got one license in my iLok account. I bought 3 copies to use with 3 different machines. How can I get my other licenses onto the other iLoks in my account?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Purchased multiple licenses but only delivered 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpowe View Post
Not exactly sure where to post this. I just bought 3 upgrade versions of PT9 but I've only got one license in my iLok account. I bought 3 copies to use with 3 different machines. How can I get my other licenses onto the other iLoks in my account?
Contact customer support.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 PM

sounds so easy..."contact customer support". Nice that they charge for support and of all kinds and there's no online support (other then these forums). The only option I have is to take my time to try and call and wait on hold till i get someone that tells me they can't help me. Love it guys. ;-)
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 PM

So I call the only number I can find and wait...and wait...then I finally talk to someone and he wants my password for my account. Anyone find that interesting? Shouldn't a Digidesign rep...sorry "avid" rep be able to find my account and tell me what's going on without my personal password? Can't believe I just paid for more product from Avid.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Did you give them the password. Maybe they were ready to move the licences into your account.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Well for starters did you buy these upgrades from AVID or from a retailer? If it was from a retailer, they may have improperly placed the order. As to asking for a password, they won't have that information for security reasons. They might be asking so they can have permission to login to see what the status is in your account. Perhaps you didn't register or perhaps they really aren't there....they are trying to help you figure out why you don't have what you ordered.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:56 AM

Did you buy 3 crossgrades?
Did you buy them direct from Avid, or from a music store or an online retailer?
Do you have 3 serial numbers from 3 qualified Avid/Digi interfaces?

Each crossgrade purchase will/should get you an activation code.
Each activation code requires a valid serial number from a qualified Avid/Digi interface (any Mbox2/Mbox3/002/003) during the activation/registration process.