Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM

Default BFD Can't Control BFD With My Midi Controler.. Also KORE Is Giving Me A 6097

I Can Control Expand And Other Plugins With My Keyboard..
But BFD Does Not Respond To The Keyboard???

I Watched The BFD Video And They Don't Explain Midi Control?
This Is The Version Of BFD That Comes With 003 Rack + LE 8

Any Help Would Be Huge....

Thanks

Also KORE Is Still Giving Me A 6097 Crash?

Not Sure What To Do About That? Been Reading Up On The 6097 Still No Solution? Maybe I Need To Use Less Of The Instruments? But How Do I Do That

I Need Someone To Hold My Hand ;(

Sorry For Wining....confused:
Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Re: BFD Can't Control BFD With My Midi Controler.. Also KORE Is Giving Me A 6097

BFD responds to MIDI in 2 ways..

Single note hits, for when you want to play the hits individually and it will also playback "grooves" from the librarian..

There is a different range of notes for each function, and if you have a small controller, like one of those 25 key axiom ones, then you might just be out of the correct octaves to trigger bfd... Try shifting the octaves around to make sure you are getting into all the ranges..

Also, to use the grooves, you have to load some in to the plugin. I don't think any will be loaded by default..

One thing to try just to make sure the plugin is working correctly, is to click on the words KICK 1, SNARE1, etc in the main display. That will let you preview the sounds..

To preview the grooves, load a set of grooves by dragging a folder into a bank.. the individual grooves should now be listed and if you hover over them with the mouse, a green play button will appear..

The kore player just plays back different NI plugins, right? (I don't have either..) I know some of their plugins are not compatible and having them installed can cause errors.. Here's a compatibility grid:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details
Old 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Re: BFD Can't Control BFD With My Midi Controler.. Also KORE Is Giving Me A 6097

Thanks A Lot Everything You Mentioned I Completely Understand And Have Checked... My Key Controller Has 88 Keys...
And Defaults In The Same Octave Each Time..
Funny Thing Is I Remember Using BFD And Making The Loops Play With Different Octaves From The Individual Kick Snare keys??

It's Just Not Responding, Is There A Midi Off Switch In BFD
I Have EXPAND On The Next Track And It Respondes When I Selct That Track.

Thaks Again
Old 10-12-2009, 04:30 PM

There is a setting in the "play" menu called "respond to groove" or something like that.. It needs to be checked for the grooves to work at all. I'm not aware of anything that turns off the individual hit notes.. I guess you could manually map all the notes to something completely out of the standard range of notes, but...

Quote:
Funny Thing Is I Remember Using BFD And Making The Loops Play With Different Octaves From The Individual Kick Snare keys??
I'm not sure what you are implying here..

Does it respond to MIDI at all? DO the hits play, but just not the grooves? Does it playback if you draw in some MIDI notes with the pencil? Does it create any audio when you click on the GUI like I mentioned previously... Can you preview at all?