Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2020, 10:20 AM

Default Avid S1- Automate highlighted section

Hello folks, first time poster! I have been looking for this answer for a couple weeks now. Bit of an off the wall question! I wonder, is it possible with the S1 to move a highlighted section up or down with the fader? For me, when doing mix notes and sessions with folks they'll ask me to turn up or down a specific section a db or 2 etc. It would be cool to be able to do that with the S1 faders instead of the mouse. As far as I know, it is only possible to turn up things by write, touch, or Latch. Just wanted to know if it is possible to move up a highlighted section only all at once! Thanks
Old 12-26-2020, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Avid S1- Automate highlighted section

Put automation in touch/trim, highlight the area you want, move the fader up or down by the desired trim amount, "Write to enabled" (cmd-/)

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6