Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Default Uncommanded banking of tracks on Control 24

Was wondering if anyone's seen this one (only in evidence on my system since upgrading to LE 8.0):
Whenever a plug-in is assigned to a track the channel becomes automatically selected and the whole bank of faders slams to the left, leaving the newly selected track residing within the first four spaces (left side) of the board. The only way to recover from this condition is to de-select the track and toggle the bank of faders back to the right. Each subsequent selection of the plug-in, or even selection of the channel, repeats the "slam left" (quite the attention-getter!). This action is NOT reflected in the Mix or Edit windows and appears to be non-related to the settings in the Controllers section of the Mixing Preferences window (all of which are currently unchecked; I've tried all combination of settings to no avail). The system in use is as follows: PT 8.0cs3; Windows XP on a Dual Core Pentium PC; 3 GB RAM; 003 Factory Rack; Control 24 board. One side of my skull is nearly bald from scratching my head over this one; there's gotta' be a simple solution that I'm just overlooking. Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Uncommanded banking of tracks on Control 24

Try trashing prefs and rebooting.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Try trashing prefs and rebooting.
Thanks Albee1952
I'm assuming that what you're suggesting is to uncheck all the boxes in the preferences sub-menu and then exiting/restarting ProTools. Yes?
Skydancer
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM

No. I am referring to the DAE folder and prefs subfolder. Look through the "Help us Help you" and "General Troubleshooting" threads for your platform(Mac or Windows). You should find the details in one of those threads. Since I just read that you are running a PC(as am I) go to MyComputer>C:>Program Files>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE and you should find the prefs folder there(but please do read the above threads to be certain as I'd feel bad if I gave you bogus info).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 AM

Cool Re: Uncommanded banking of tracks on Control 24

A quick update to my original post:
Looks like the channels are banking in groups of 8, as if the software thinks its dealing with an eight fader board. So, if the 14th channel is selected, the line will shift left until it occupies the number 6 position. The 21st channel will shift left until it occupies the number 5 slot, and so on. No changes on any settings/preferences page has any effect. It's almost as if the firmware thinks it addressing a Command 8 or similar . . . but the firmware can't be independently updated. I guess my next step is a total removal/reinstall of all things PT and hope for a different result after the re-intstall.
Any additional suggestions?

XP SP3, Dual Pentium at 3 Ghz, 3 GB RAM
003 Rack
Control 24
Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Avid

What are your settings in Setups>Peripherals>Ethernet Controllers? Do you have anything set in the MIDI Controllers tab of Peripherals?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Thanks, Digi, for getting involved.
The ethernet option only shows the Control 24.
Yes, I do (did) have a MIDI controller hooked up, the Axiom 25. Didn't even consider that may be the problem until I read your question. I deleted the Axiom 25 and everything worked perfectly again. Just to make sure, I reinstalled the Axiom; same problem. I tried updating the drivers for the Axiom 25 and the MOTU MIDI-express 128 interface, but had no luck solving the problem. Finally just deleted the Axiom 25 and left it that way. The keyboard still works for laying down MIDI and instrument tracks, so no big deal not to have it hooked up as a "controller." Still curious as to why this issue would suddenly appear in PT LE 8.XX and not before.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Stardancer
Old 12-13-2009, 01:07 AM

Hi all..

I have the same problem when selecting midi devices. It throws my Control 24 all outta whack, and keeps skipping on its own.

I have to unselect midi device whenever im nt using it. Quite annoying. Only since PT8 has this happened.

Cheers
Dave