Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Default Importing PT 5.1 wave files to PT 9

OK, so from my Pro Tools 5.1 on my Mac G4 I copied all the data files to a disc using Toast. I put them in my new Windows 7 system (details in my sig) and they dont even show as wave files, just "files" which will not import into PT9.0.1.
While I figured the actual session may not import I didn't think the wave files would have issues.

While I guess if it comes down to it I can bounce each track to disc singly on my mac and then import the audio on my new system that way but there is hopefully a quicker way.

Anyone?

I am betting that I'm just being stupid and there is a quick solution. At least I'm hoping so.

Thanks!

www.reverbnation.com/jmaccadillac
Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Importing PT 5.1 wave files to PT 9

re save with Mac/PC Compatibility checked

that should attach the .wav to the files, may need to do a Save Session Copy In

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 PM

Having exactly the same issue, on the same hardware - Mac G4 /OS9.0.2 - PTLE V5.1 - DIGI001 -

where might this "Mac/PC Compatibility" checkbox be?

I'm doing "Save Session Copy in" (checking 'Copy Audio Files...' and 'Copy Root Plug-In...') to an external firewire drive, thence over to the PT9 folders on the PC.

An easy import path to PT9 would be wonderful - otherwise
I'm looking at several days of bouncing and copying and importing and reconstructing.... the venerable G4 is almost 12 years old and has been in moderate commercial service all that time - soon it must pass on the that big eWaste Scrapyard in the Sky....

Thanks for any assistance!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnevllc View Post
where might this "Mac/PC Compatibility" checkbox be?
In the session setup dialog when you create a new session or when you "save session copy". But, I'm not sure that that setting was there in 5.1.

I'm also not sure whether PT 9 on PC will translate the session. The last one I'm certain would was PT 7. What you guys need to do is install the HFS+ Disk Support that came with Pro Tools. Copy the sessions over to a HFS+ formatted firewire or USB drive, and then mount the drive on the PC and see if you can open them with Pro Tools 9 before copying them to an NTFS drive.

If PT 9 will open them, then use the "save session copy" command in the file menu to copy the session to an NTFS drive.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control