Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Avid Adrenaline to Avid Mojo

Hi
I could use some help. I just got an Avid Mojo, but since the Media Station PT is not available yet, I cannot convert quicktime files.

My client uses an Avid Adrenaline. She normally exports sequences as quicktime files, as well as OMFs for the audio files for me to mix. However, since the Mojo can't read quicktime files directly, we need to figure out an alternative method to get video into the Avid movie track in pro tools.

Ideally I would import MXF files from the client, but she cannot figure out how to export those from Adrenaline. I thought that Avid used MXF files directly, but all the video files playing in her video sequence show up as OMF files in the finder. Which doesn't make sense to me. I spoke with someone in Avid tech support, and he recommended creating a video mixdown, and then finding the mixed down file in the finder. But again, this file shows up as an OMF. Pro Tools can't import it either.

Can someone suggest the best way to export a file from Avid Adrenaline that can be directly read by Avid Mojo and Pro Tools?

Again, I don't have Avid Express Pro or Media Station PT. I do have Digitranslator though, but Pro Tools cannot import embedded video in an OMF file with Mojo.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Avid Adrenaline to Avid Mojo

Instead of importing that mixed-down video file, can you "Add" it to the video timeline? This command is under the Movie menu.

Alternatively, SHE should be able to put that file into a new sequence on her system, then export as an omf or aaf sequence (which references it). YOU can place that video file into a folder on your video drive called "OMFI MediaFiles". Import the sequence she exported and you should be good.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:48 AM

Okay, that sounds like something I should try. I'm confused by why the Avid stores all its video as OMF files. Are those actually OMFi files? Are those files readable by Mojo/Pro Tools if I put them into that type of folder? I tried importing the video mixdown file as an OMF but Pro Tools said it was an OMF 1.x file. I'll try the steps you mentioned today.

Thanks for helping out a video newbie...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:41 AM

Re: OMF 1.x
I'm not sure how the omf wrapper on the actual media works, but yes, that is the way media files look when they come from my Express Pro, also.

Digitranslator only supports OMF 2.0. 1.0 is no good. Also, I think you know this already, embedded video media is never supported.

Good luck.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:11 AM

Thanks Richard, your suggestion above worked great.