Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-09-2021, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I submitted a case and got a reply that I’m not on a Subscription plan so I’m not eligible for Heat. Even though I do have a Support plan that I’ve kept current for years.

Just so I’m clear those of you that recently received a Heat license have the Ultimate Update and Support plan NOT Subscription correct?
If I understand right, you have to have either subs or the support plan active to get HEAT, and then it's only for the duration of the subs/support plan. The same as the plugin bundle, basically.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-09-2021, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
If I understand right, you have to have either subs or the support plan active to get HEAT, and then it's only for the duration of the subs/support plan. The same as the plugin bundle, basically.
Yes, correct.

What is still unclear is, whether old support plan customers get it automatically or do they need to contact support to get it or do they only get it if they pay for one more renewal early?
Old 12-09-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes, correct.

What is still unclear is, whether old support plan customers get it automatically or do they need to contact support to get it or do they only get it if they pay for one more renewal early?
I will hopefully have an answer for that soon.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:00 AM

My annual perpetual renewal is coming up on Dec 19, so I'll wait to see if I get Heat when it automatically updates. Otherwise I guess I need to open a support ticket.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3
Old 12-09-2021, 11:15 AM

Giving customers holding current active support plans, access to these plugins, is a good move on AVIDs part. Pretty late, but considering the few new features we have gotten this year for our money and the fact that some OTHER DAWs are already M1 Native along with the optics looking like perpetual license holders having been second class in AVID eyes for a while now, it definitely helps.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
... What is still unclear is, whether old support plan customers get it automatically or do they need to contact support to get it or do they only get it if they pay for one more renewal early?
If HEAT and the Complete Plugin Bundle have not already been added to your current Plan, jeffro said in Post #29 (12-02-2021): “Start a Case”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
We have been rolling these into the Software Updates + Support Plans for Pro Tools & Pro Tools Ultimate (the latter already had the plug-in bundle). If you have a current Plan and are not seeing these please start a case to provide your account info or System ID.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:58 PM

Mild curiosity prompts me to ask:

HEAT is viewable in iLok License Manager’s “Type” column as a “Rental” license – is this the same for everyone, or do you see HEAT listed as a “Subscription” license (like UVI Falcon and other goodies that are dependent on an Active Plan)?
Old 12-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
My annual perpetual renewal is coming up on Dec 19, so I'll wait to see if I get Heat when it automatically updates. Otherwise I guess I need to open a support ticket.
Checked your account and that shows a HEAT license deposited 12/9.
Old 12-10-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
...HEAT is viewable in iLok License Manager’s “Type” column as a “Rental” license – is this the same for everyone, or do you see HEAT listed as a “Subscription” license...
Found your support case where the CS rep deposited temp licenses for you - that's why it's a diff license type. I manually deposited the licenses and will check in with them to find out status. Please reply to your support case (email or Access The Support Portal in my.avid.com) as needed. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I submitted a case and got a reply that I’m not on a Subscription plan so I’m not eligible for Heat...
This was our mistake, sorry about that! You should see the HEAT license in your iLok account now.