Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-03-2000, 04:28 PM

Default PT Sound Sted of Mac Internal Sound?

Of all the versions of PT I've installed, the only thing I ever really have trouble with on every install or reinstall is getting"Digidesign" sound to replace the "Internal Mac" sound in the powermac.
This is 5.0 and I've moved "Digi Output driver" and "Digi Sound Drivers" plus "Sound Manager" into the extensions folder. They are all checked or any combinationof them checked still leaves me with Internal Mac sound at 44.1 instead of "Digidesign" sound at 48k.
Monitors and Sound CP doesn't even look like there are any other choices. What's wrong. How can I get Digi sound out of the Mac internal circuits instead of Mac sound. I have 5.0 on a 9600 300 running 8.6 OS.
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2000, 11:50 AM

Default Re: PT Sound Sted of Mac Internal Sound?

No one has answered so I'll pass on what I found in case some one else gets stuck. There were not any files on the pro tools 5.0 cd that could make my 9600-300 play Digi sound internally. I had to go back to the PT 4.3 CD and in the folder called "system folder stuff" I found not "Sound Manager" but just plain "Sound." When I dropped this file into my 9600 system folder, I could then open up "Sound" as a control panel and there were two instances of Digisound and one of Mac Internal sound. I clicked on one of the Digisound icons, tested and no sound. Went back to "Sound" clicked on the other digi icon, tested, and the digisouind worked. I'm saying Digisound, but I mean internal sound for any other audio applications, like Jam, Wave Convert Pro, Sound edit 16, etc. They all work now with the "sound" control panel set to the middle icon which is the second of two digisound icons in the window. I don't know why I had to have this to get my "other" sounds to work but I did. Maybe this will halp others. Thanks!