How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Default 2 venue profile counsels and MADI cards

Hi all

Did a search on this and couldn't seem to find a clear answer. At work we are currently running FOH and monitors out if the same counsel and are looking at adding a monitor counsel.
If we go with the profile can I send ch 1-48 through the MADI card to the other board?
Also how would protools playback work with this, can I play protools back through FOH and be sending that to monitor world as well?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 10:48 PM

Default 2 venue profile counsels and MADI cards

Yes, with the MADI Option card installed in both of your systems the first 1-48 channels in the MADI stream are automatically assigned to inputs 1-48 of the Stage Rack or Mix Rack. There are an additional 16 assignable channels that are available as well.

To use Virtual Soundcheck, your Pro Tools computer would be connected through MADI, and the process of switching to Virtual Soundcheck Mode is very similar to the HDx process. The computer would receive audio from the MADI stream (just like the second VENUE), and when in Virtual Soundcheck mode the computer would feed audio through MADI to all the VENUE's that are receiving through MADI.

My understanding is that you can't have both an HDx card AND a MADI option card installed in the same FOH Rack or Mix Rack. I hope I'm wrong on that...

It's a really cool solution. I hope to switch to it someday.

You can find all these details and more in the "VENUE MADI Option Guide"
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_66147.pdf
Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: 2 venue profile counsels and MADI cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8white View Post
My understanding is that you can't have both an HDx card AND a MADI option card installed in the same FOH Rack or Mix Rack. I hope I'm wrong on that...
You can.