Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-16-2010, 11:35 PM

Default ProTools 9 under Bootcamp Win7 - no DIGI002R

Now if anyone has any suggestions about getting my DIGI002R hardware working under Windows 7 via Bootcamp I'd appreciate it.

It all works fine in MacOSX 1.06.5 but the moment I reboot into Windows 7 I can no longer get the new install of ProTools 9 working because at the moment all ProTools sees, in Windows, is my BlackMagic Designs Intensity card's audio I/O and doesn't see the DIGI002R at all.
Windows 7 does see it and I can select it as part of the Windows audio hardware.

I've tried uninstalling the BMD card but that just left me without any hardware that ProTools 9 could see.

Obviously ProTools is better running under Mac OSX but occasionally I need to go to the darkside (Windows) and to have ProTools there and operating if I need it would be useful... it worked fine via Bootcamp with ProTools 8.0.4
Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 AM

Default Re: ProTools 9 under Bootcamp Win7 - no DIGI002R

Have you downloaded and installed the appropriate drivers?

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=379411
Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Yes, I installed the DIGI002 Rack drivers for ProTools 9.
Having installed it under Mac OSX 10.6.4 and needing to do that to get it working I was aware of the need for driver installation.
It's only under Win 7 on the same machine in Bootcamp I have this problem.
Here's AVID's reply from my request for tech support on this issue...

"Thanks for making a contact to AVID AUDIO CUSTOMER SUCCESS APAC.

Regards to the issue, unfortunately there is not much information for bootcamp configuration, as it is not offcially supported for Pro Tools 9. You might have better information in DUC http://duc.avid.com/index.php"

Not much SUCCESS there so I'm taking their advice and asking the real experts!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
rogga_bogga

I have not had first experience with this, but from what I've heard there is a problem with using firewire interfaces in bootcamp.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM

I've been using the DIGI002R via firewire under Bootcamp since 2006 without any problems. Even have had a DV Deck daisychained off it again all working fine.

As I posted above, ProTools 8.0.4 was working quite happily under Windows 7 under bootcamp.
Also the Sound Control Panel in Windows 7 can see and select the DIGI002R as it's audio I/O device offering any of the analogue or digital I/Os. All this with the new ProTools 9 drivers installed.

The only software that can't see it in Windows is ProTools 9, it's a very weird problem.

If I use the 'n' key while ProTools is launching the Playback Engine dialogue only offers the BMD card's audio, not even a drop down for ProTools Aggregate I/O.

An extremely frustrating and time wasting problem.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Well after some uninstall/reinstall and reboot each time processes ProTools 9 is now working under Bootcamp with my DIGI002R and Windows 7.

It was a driver installation issue, although I had, in theory, installed the ProTools 9 DIGI002/033R drivers they hadn't installed correctly. Probably a fault of my own making.

Nice to have it functioning and also to be able to use the 002R with Vegas 10 when I need it.