Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Digi Tech Sup: Color Display & Aux Send Display bugs

I'm running PTLE 8.01 cs1 (as it sounds like it's less buggy than later versions), and have also lately worked on HD 8.03. On both systems I see the same bugs in the display in the mix window:

1) After suspending groups (where groups display their channels as a single color) the fill color gets splotchy as soon as you adjust a control. This is hardly a big problem, but it is visually distracting. It's the kind of thing I'd have expected to get fixed in an early CS release.

2) More serious is that when there are multiple aux sends on tracks (e.g. using sends a, b, c for different reverbs), when switching banks in the mix window the fader display doesn't update. In other words, if send a was at +2 and send b at -∞, while those numbers will properly change when switching from bank a to bank b, the fader will stay at the +2 position. Clicking at that location on the screen to adjust the fader won't work, since the thumb isn't really there. You have to click on the phantom position (i.e. -∞ in this case) to move it.

As I said, this is true both in LE 8.01 and HD 8.03, so the problems have been around a good long while and definitely bear correction.

The release info on 8.04 makes no specific mention of what's been fixed, so I'm loath to update my system given the bug reports I've seen on other issues with it.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Digi Tech Sup: Color Display & Aux Send Display bugs

nobody else experiences this??