Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Playing out of time

I recorded a bass guitar trac with a PTLE 7.0 session that was brought to me from another PTLE 7.0
studio and the bass part play's out of time with the rest of the tracs. any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Playing out of time

Um, "out of time" meaning you would just have to nudge the track either forwards or backwards in time to get it to sync up? If so, go into slip mode and nudge the region to right spot with + & -. Set the nudge amount with the small nudge menu next to the timeline.

Or do you mean that the waveform on the screen is in the right spot but the sound comes later than expected? If that is the case, are you sure there isn't a delay hidden on the track/in the signal path somewhere? Happened a few times to me on late night sessions. Huh, where did that come from?

Or if I totally misunderstood the question, please explain more clearly.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Playing out of time

If by out of time, you mean poor performance, you can take it into melodyne and quantize it.
If by out of time, you mean the start time is off so it lags or starts to quick, then just nudge the region in slip mode until it syncs.
If by out of time, you mean it looks to be locked up but it isn't, then there is a problem with delay.