Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Default You are running out of CPU with one RTAS on 8 cores?!

When running two mono tracks (one L and one R from a final mix output) and running T-racks deluxe 3.01 I am getting "You are running out of CPU power. Remove some RTAS or increase CPU usage limit in playback engine"

Ive got 16 cores allocated to RTAS playback and CPU usage to 90% . My system usage within PT LE "CPU (RTAS) was at 13% and my OSX activity monitor was less than 4 bars for each virtual core. I don't think I should be getting this error based on the system stats. Whats going on here?

cheers

-MTLA
2009 MacPro w/Two 2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processors - 6 GB - Mbox2 PRO - Pro Tools 8 w/Complete Production Toolkit - 3 x KRK RPG 6s, 2 x KRK RPG 5s, 1 x KRK 10S / T-racks 3 / Izotope RX / Wave Arts / PSP / Massey / Joemeeks / ARC system/ Snapper / Microphones galore
Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Re: You are running out of CPU with one RTAS on 8 cores?!

Try taking out one of the cores. So make it 15. Some plug-ins require a core to do non real-time processing. This should help. If not, report back here.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 AM

Hi,

I was having the same problem with T-Racks 3 Deluxe. Someone here said that some RTAS plugins don't "know" how to work with two or more processors, as they're only a "converted version" of VST and not "real" RTAS.

This worked for me: on Pro Tools, click Setup, then Playback Engine. Set RTAS Processors to 1 Processor and CPU Usage Limit to 99%.

This prevented some of my VST-adapted plugins from giving me this "running out of CPU power" error.

Regards
Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPinho View Post
Hi,

I was having the same problem with T-Racks 3 Deluxe. Someone here said that some RTAS plugins don't "know" how to work with two or more processors, as they're only a "converted version" of VST and not "real" RTAS.

This worked for me: on Pro Tools, click Setup, then Playback Engine. Set RTAS Processors to 1 Processor and CPU Usage Limit to 99%.

This prevented some of my VST-adapted plugins from giving me this "running out of CPU power" error.

Regards
thanks for suggestion, I'll try
Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
The issue is that IK don't code their plugs correctly for real time RTAS, don't expect to run any IK plugs with all processor cores engaged.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 AM

if i make my ram from 2GB to 4GB will that make a difference?
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanshaikh123 View Post
Yes irfanshakeit

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanshaikh123 View Post
Yep. It did for me.

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?