Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2021, 03:54 PM

Default Re: PT 2021.10 Bug Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkzzaJ View Post
BUG? - well, this is news for me with 2021.10:

Arturia Plugin(s) chrashes pro tools
Arturia Plugin(s) makes PT distort. Restart PT solves. Restart session does not.

Consistently-ish with Piano V
Randomly-ish with other Artutria instrument plugs
Seldomly-ish it works just fine

PT 2021.10.0
Windows 10 20h1
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
I just futzed around with this. No problems here. I should note that I am Arturia's Piano V2, which is the current one. I did notice there was a version update in the Arturia Software Center, so I updated from 2.8.0.1552 to 2.9.01783 and things still continued to work.

You mentioned Piano V. Are you on V2? My config is pretty different from your on Mac, so it's possible that the stability gap is due to the plugin version (or the plugin altogether) or the Windows implementation, or your setup.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 12-05-2021, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Bug 2: Komplete Kontrol functionality for the original Mk1 S-series keyboards does not seem to work.

I have an original (Mk1) NI Komplete Kontrol S-61, and although I have added it as a device in the MIDI Controllers pane of the Peripherals Window, I don't have the added functionality that is indicated in the updated Reference Guide, the What's New document, or the video they released showing the functions.

I don't expect some of the things to work (like the mixer controls), as the original keyboards don't have all of the bells and whistles of the Mk2 and later models. But they does have a set of Transport controls that I would love to be able to use, as to keep my hands and arms at one level when I'm doing a bunch of MIDI recording. The keyboard has the latest firmware, the latest KK drivers are installed, and the Transport controls continue to work in both Logic and Cubase, as they always have.

If the Mk1 keyboards aren't supported, that should be documented clearly somewhere that is easily found. If they were just never tested, and this is an oversight, let it be known.
Have the M32 here
1. PLAY REC STOP NOT WORKING.
2. Cannot eject the M32 safely. Killing one of four NI-processes makes the M32 ejectable (is this a word?)
3. At startup PT sometimes reports that PT "PT cannot communicate with..." the M32.
4. Did not receive the 25$ voucher
5. No Sounds.com link/access

Kinda messy. Tips are welcome.
Support ticket on-going with NI. No solution yet.
"Remove FB360 from plugin folder"

It seems to me NI just emptied their garbage can on the market. Is NI a type of company that would do such a thing?

/T
Old 12-05-2021, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
I just futzed around with this. No problems here. I should note that I am Arturia's Piano V2, which is the current one. I did notice there was a version update in the Arturia Software Center, so I updated from 2.8.0.1552 to 2.9.01783 and things still continued to work.

You mentioned Piano V. Are you on V2? My config is pretty different from your on Mac, so it's possible that the stability gap is due to the plugin version (or the plugin altogether) or the Windows implementation, or your setup.
thx Kerry for input.
I'm on V collection 5. Have kept it up-to-date, but not upgraded. Piano V is in version 1.1.0.205. Means V1 I suppose. Can't find any compatibility info on V1, but it worked just fine on PT 2021.7. Yeah end then there is windows... ...

/T
Old 12-06-2021, 04:47 AM

BUG? (maybe I miss something here...)

Inserting time before bar 1 (to make room for Intro):
-Initial tempo marker in red, moves to the right same amount as time inserted.
-Cannot be deleted or moved.

Expected the initial tempo marker to be positioned at the beginning of the new bar 1 , i e to the far left in the edit pane.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkzzaJ View Post
BUG? (maybe I miss something here...)

Inserting time before bar 1 (to make room for Intro):
-Initial tempo marker in red, moves to the right same amount as time inserted.
-Cannot be deleted or moved.

Expected the initial tempo marker to be positioned at the beginning of the new bar 1 , i e to the far left in the edit pane.
red marker is "Song Start"
You can't move it via Event operations?

Tempo marker/Song Start won't move on its own due to insert time because that could screw up work you've already done and how it lines up to linear time. But you should be able to move it via Event Operations.