Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2001, 07:58 PM

Default DIGI001 and Logic Audio - DIGIDESIGN & Emagic, PLEASE CLARIFY

LOGIC AUDIO PLATINUM v4.7 (LAP) with ProTools LE v5.0.4 (PTLE) & DIGI001

APPEAL FOR CLARITY
Could a representative of DIGIDESIGN Technical Department and Emagic GMBH please clarify the current implementation requirements for enabling ease of use between LAP and PTLE with DIGI001?

History & Background
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>We puchased both LAP & PTLE on the understanding, from all available sales material, that LAP was able to use the DIGI001 for audio & MIDI.<LI>17 months later, having downloaded all available updates and inspecting User Groups discussions and trying numerous Environments in LAP we are STILL UNABLE to use LOGIC AUDIO with the DIGI001.<LI>A recent browse of the DUC, DAW and Emagic Users Yahoo Group, plus many others, has revealed an enormous degree of confusion and concern (and sometimes, anger) with this issue.[/list]
A Summary of Behaviours and Concerns
  1. <LI>MIDI - USING Digi001 OMS Driver v5.0.1 as recommended, the NOTE data becomes erratic, NOTEOFF becomes another (usually lower) pitch.<LI>DAE -6008 error reported following LAP quit on launching PTLE.<LI>In LAP there are numerous choices of external hardware options but only in DIRECT I/O settings is there mention of the DIGI001. Please update the user interface to accomodate DIGI001 users.<LI>The use LAP as MIDI Sequencer with PTLE for AUDIO via OMS IAC (Inter Application Channel) via MTC (MIDI Time Code) transmit from PTLE and LAP via MMC (MIDI Machine Control) seems impossible to achieve due to faults addressing the DIGI001.<LI>As PTLE use DAE, does LAP have to use DIRECT I/O?

Our System
Apple MAC OS 9.0.4 G4 350MHz 192 RAM 9.5Gb internal H/D
SCSI Adaptec 2906 to 18Gb & 9.5Gb external H/D
DIGI001

Thanks.

John Wesley Barker, Music Producer & Composer, Leith, Edinburgh
[email protected]
Old 05-05-2001, 06:53 AM

Default Re: DIGI001 and Logic Audio - DIGIDESIGN & Emagic, PLEASE CLARIFY

The oms drive is now 5.1, along with Direct I/O. Direct I/O address the midi problem. Check the download from Digidesign. I am using DIO with no problems, I don't use the digi midi ports. Have better results using Emagic's MT4 midi interface. You don't need to run OMS to use it.

Toecat
Old 05-28-2001, 02:25 AM

I wish Digi would answer this....what is the situation?

------------------
David.

6am eternal

6am eternal
Old 05-29-2001, 08:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by johnwesleybarker:<LI>MIDI - USING Digi001 OMS Driver v5.0.1 as recommended, the NOTE data becomes erratic, NOTEOFF becomes another (usually lower) pitch.
-This was addressed with Direct I/O v5.1, available at:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/directio.html

Quote:
<LI>DAE -6008 error reported following LAP quit on launching PTLE.
-This error is memory related. This may be caused if Logic Audio is not giving a sufficient amount of memory back to the system heap, or if the memory settings for PT LE are set incorrectly.

-Reduce the Disk Cache in the Memory Control Panel to 512k and restart the computer.

-Reset the Minimum and Preferred sizes of DAE and Pro Tools back to their default settings. Highlight each field in their "Get Info" windows, type a 0 and press Enter on the numerical keypad.

Quote:
<LI>In LAP there are numerous choices of external hardware options but only in DIRECT I/O settings is there mention of the DIGI001. Please update the user interface to accomodate DIGI001 users.
-Digidesign Direct I/O (the offical title) is what we call our "software interface" which allows other host-based audio engines communicate with our hardware. Direct I/O is the only means by which third parties can communicate with Digi001 hardware.

Quote:
<LI>The use LAP as MIDI Sequencer with PTLE for AUDIO via OMS IAC (Inter Application Channel) via MTC (MIDI Time Code) transmit from PTLE and LAP via MMC (MIDI Machine Control) seems impossible to achieve due to faults addressing the DIGI001.
-Make sure that you do not have Transmit Sync enabled in Logic, thus creating a MTC loop and causing erratic behavior. In Logic, make sure that Options>Settings>OMS Preferences>Input Mapping is set to receive on only one bus of the OMS IAC bus. Having multiple ports enabled might give you strange results.

Brent

Old 05-29-2001, 02:08 PM

Thanks Brent, what we can't do without you doesn't bare thinking about. Nice one.
Old 05-29-2001, 02:30 PM

Well, Brent knows a little bit to much about Logic.....Hmmm......
Old 05-29-2001, 03:23 PM

Hmmm, doesn't work that well actually: I get errors -6010 when booting logic

------------------
David.

6am eternal

6am eternal
Old 05-30-2001, 12:28 AM

And another thank you to Brent.

------------------
David.