Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-04-2022, 04:18 PM

Default retrieving project from cloud

I need to retrieve a project I saved on the worthless cloud. When I try to open it I never get past the dialogue "looking for new versions on cloud"

When I go to Avid link it says "required component: Cloud Client Services is out of date. Update immediately"

There are no updates available I can find on the tab for cloud. I can only find a version on my hard drive where 90% of the tracks magically disappeared. How do I get this off the cloud? I will never make the mistake of using the Avid cloud again.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:35 PM

Default Re: retrieving project from cloud

Basic info... what exact version of Pro Tools are you running on exactly what OS version?

You have worked out Cloud is a mess, but so is Avid Link. Maybe its right, about versions, maybe its wrong. Maybe Link itself is out of date.

What I would try is manually (not in Link) download and reinstall the latest version of Pro Tools 2022.10 (if compatible with your system), afaik that will get you the latest version of cloud components, and you can try again.

As always always try starting with trashing prefs... see under "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page... worth doing even if most of the other stuff there will not help with this problem.

But as with most things Avid cloud... it might be best to just contact Avid support.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:46 PM

Well I restarted my computer and it is magically working now - was able to get the uncorrupted version off the cloud and save in multiple places. Heart attack averted.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:43 PM

It sounds like you have things worked out, but you can get the latest version of the cloud client services from your Avid account in the My Products section.

There were some issues with cloud services recently, although they seem to be fine now.

System Details
Old 11-04-2022, 06:03 PM

Glad you were able to recover your Project. We did post to https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32 when a change with our host required an update to Cloud Client Services (the updated installer is also available in my.avid.com > View My Products > Pro Tools... or Avid Download Center).

I'd recommend a backup of any Project (in Session format, since you could use Import Session data if needed), but if you decide to use other cloud storage be aware of the Cloud Storage Services options in Setup > Preferences > Collaboration which might be helpful.