Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 02-28-2021, 05:51 AM

Default Routing folder track can be moved

Hey guys,

When folder tracks were introduced, more than a few people complained that the folder track was on the left, as opposed to the traditional style of having a bus on the right of its member tracks. I didn't see it as too big of an issue and I adapted myself to it, but I was surprised a couple of weeks ago to discover that the folder track could be moved to any position one wants. I could almost swear that I had tried that before without any success. Was this behaviour modified after the introduction of folder tracks or did I just totally miss it from the beginning?
Strangely though, I kind of prefer it on the left because I've become used to that.
Old 10-22-2022, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Routing folder track can be moved

Can you please tell me how this is done? I would love it to be on the right.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:33 AM

Not seeing that here.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Hey guys,

When folder tracks were introduced, more than a few people complained that the folder track was on the left, as opposed to the traditional style of having a bus on the right of its member tracks. I didn't see it as too big of an issue and I adapted myself to it, but I was surprised a couple of weeks ago to discover that the folder track could be moved to any position one wants. I could almost swear that I had tried that before without any success. Was this behaviour modified after the introduction of folder tracks or did I just totally miss it from the beginning?
Strangely though, I kind of prefer it on the left because I've become used to that.
Humm I am curious how you are doing it also.

For me Basic Folders = Yes (can move separately) Routing Folders =No
I can't find any key or combination of keys that will move the 'Routing Folder" without moving the associated tracks in the same position (tracks right)
Are you sure you're not looking at a Basic Folder ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-24-2022 at 10:02 AM.