Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-13-2024, 03:50 PM

Default Pro Tools Intro: installed but not launching (Win11)

I have installed the Pro Tools Intro (2024.3) through Avid Link. It shows up as installed, however when I try to launch it, nothing happens. Either from within the Link, or from the desktop icon, or by double-clicking the .exe file in the installed location, it does not start. No window opens, no error message, nothing.

Operating system is Win11 Pro 23H2 - which is compatible with the current version of Pro Tools Intro.

The license appears correctly installed when I look in the iLok License Manager.
There are no hardware problems or conflicts in device manager.

I have actually uninstalled everything once, and reinstalled from scratch, and the same thing happens. After installation, the software won't launch.

My account has admin privileges. Even if I right-click and "run as administrator" the same thing happens: nothing.

Any help appreciated.

(edit) forgot to add, the audio interface that I am using is a Presonius Studio 24c, with its drivers installed and working correctly with the bundled software (StudioOne), if that matters.

Last edited by stamasd; 04-13-2024 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro: installed but not launching (Win11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamasd View Post
I have installed the Pro Tools Intro (2024.3) through Avid Link. It shows up as installed, however when I try to launch it, nothing happens. Either from within the Link, or from the desktop icon, or by double-clicking the .exe file in the installed location, it does not start. No window opens, no error message, nothing.

Operating system is Win11 Pro 23H2 - which is compatible with the current version of Pro Tools Intro.

The license appears correctly installed when I look in the iLok License Manager.
There are no hardware problems or conflicts in device manager.

I have actually uninstalled everything once, and reinstalled from scratch, and the same thing happens. After installation, the software won't launch.

My account has admin privileges. Even if I right-click and "run as administrator" the same thing happens: nothing.

Any help appreciated.

(edit) forgot to add, the audio interface that I am using is a Presonius Studio 24c, with its drivers installed and working correctly with the bundled software (StudioOne), if that matters.
Hi There!

Can you post a screen recording of your Pro Tools Launching?
Do you have third party plugins installed?

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 04-14-2024, 10:14 AM

I cannot post a screen of the Pro Tools launching, because it's not launching. Like I said, when I try to launch it nothing happens. No window, no error message, no dialog, nothing. So it would be just a picture of my bare desktop with nothing to see on it.

I tried with the bundled plugins installed, and without them. Even with absolutely no plugins installed, the same thing happens.

(edit) for what it's worth I made a quick screen recording where I show that nothing happens when double-clicking the shortcut repeatedly.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q1fqb...7icck0a5d&dl=0

Last edited by stamasd; 04-14-2024 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:31 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamasd View Post
I cannot post a screen of the Pro Tools launching, because it's not launching. Like I said, when I try to launch it nothing happens. No window, no error message, no dialog, nothing. So it would be just a picture of my bare desktop with nothing to see on it.

I tried with the bundled plugins installed, and without them. Even with absolutely no plugins installed, the same thing happens.

(edit) for what it's worth I made a quick screen recording where I show that nothing happens when double-clicking the shortcut repeatedly.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q1fqb...7icck0a5d&dl=0
Can you give more info on your windows system? RAM? Processor? System type?

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 04-18-2024, 02:47 PM

It's a MSI Raider GE68HX 14VIG laptop
CPU: I9-14900HX
64GB RAM
4TB SSD
RX4090 video
Win11Pro 23H2

See the exact specs in the first column on this page. Particularly it has 64GB DDR5, 2x2TB NVMe drives, and Win11 Pro instead of Home. https://www.msi.com/index.php/Laptop.../Specification
Old 04-22-2024, 08:14 AM

I suspect its a licensing issue. Did you have PT Intro running on another computer before this one? Are you using a physical iLok or "cloud licensing". If its the cloud(which I despise), open ILM and see if there is already a cloud session running(if there is, close it and start a new one).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-22-2024, 12:02 PM

I have never used ProTools anywhere else. It is the very first time ever I try it.
I have tried to run the license both local, and cloud. Neither makes a difference.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:42 AM

Well, no resolution after a month. Software doesn't work. I've uninstalled it and will look for a working DAW elsewhere. I was planning to evaluate it to see if a paid license is worth it, but since it doesn't work at all that's off the table.