Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-22-2022, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Sending PT Recording in Real Time over Skype or Zoom

There is an option not mentioned and that is to use a second computer and interface(a simple 2 in-2 out is fine). Feed a 2-mix from your PT session to the second system and use Zoom, Sessionwire or anything similar to send Take the output of system 2 and patch back to system 1, but be creative with your routing so you don't create a feedback loop. I did this 2 years ago to collaborate with a studio on the west coast and my own in Nashville and it worked quite well

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-31-2022, 08:47 AM
Source Elements

Default Re: Sending PT Recording in Real Time over Skype or Zoom

As others have mentioned, you can do this very easily using Source-Nexus!

Simply put the Source-Nexus plugin on an aux track in your session, and send any audio you want to send out to your voice coach (backing track, mic input, etc) into the input of the track using a bus, then set your Zoom mic to the "Source-Nexus A" virtual driver and then they'll hear a live feed directly from Pro Tools in the Zoom call!

Check out our latest Pro Tools and Zoom Source-Nexus tutorial on YouTube - it's done on a Mac but the setup process is largely the same on Windows.
Source-Bites: Pro Tools and Zoom made easy with Source-Nexus

[email protected] · www.source-elements.com

Source Elements Academy - Check our educational hub for remote collaboration professionals