Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 06-04-2021, 03:46 PM

Default PCIe HD native cards discontinued... what are official options for HD IO

HI,

Looks like Avid discontinued the PCIe HD Native card. Anybody know why? I have an HD IO and I believe my PCIe HD Native card is having issues. What are the official options here? Does any of the new Dante, Mtrx, Thunderbolt apply to Windows users? Are we forced into HDX to support our HD IO?
Old 06-05-2021, 01:35 PM

Default Re: PCIe HD native cards discontinued... what are official options for HD IO

They actually discontinued them over 3 years ago. Not sure why you just found out now.

The HD Native Thunderbolt unit is still a current product, and your only choice if you want to use HD Native. It's possible that the thunderbolt unit vastly outsold the PCIe card, but I don't know for sure.

Also not sure how the Thunderbolt unit works with Windows.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Default Re: PCIe HD native cards discontinued... what are official options for HD IO

Windows should have TB support already, it is a decade old tech that will also be included with upcoming USB4...
Old 06-06-2021, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Windows should have TB support already, it is a decade old tech that will also be included with upcoming USB4...
Windows has had TB support for a long time.
That doesn't mean the Avid stuff works with it.
Or Avid has supported it.

Good lord, TB is first and foremost an Intel tech (with Apple contributions.)

Last edited by BScout; 06-06-2021 at 09:13 PM. Reason: unnecessarily rude.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:25 PM

There are tons used HD Native cards available. I sold mine recently here on AVID Community.

As for TB3 on Windows, my HDX card in an external enclosure works just fine with my Windows 10 laptop and Pro Tools Ultimate.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:35 AM

I recently purchased a used PCIe card for HDN and it installed with zero issues and works flawlessly on Windows 10 with a used 192 IO on the very latest version of PT Ultimate

In any case, the first course of action should be running DigiTest and see if that reports a failed card or a failed interface(your HD IO). I would also reseat both ends of the Digilink cable(and maybe inspect the cable ends with a magnifying glass to see if anything looks wrong).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave

Last edited by albee1952; 06-22-2021 at 11:55 AM.