Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-09-2015, 11:38 PM

Default Re: AAE Error 6

its getting worse too. happening on more and more sessions. when i go to consolidate files as suggested above i go one by one until i find the corrupt file. when that happens protools freezes. it closes but not under processes in windows task manager. it stays open there and even force close using "end process" wont work. i have to restart.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:45 PM

Hi All. Hoping we can help each other figure this one out.

MBox 3, Windows 7 64-bit, 9 GB RAM and Intel i7 processors here. Using a second hard drive (Western Digital, 7200 RPM) for recording and playback. Ran PT 11 and many Waves plugs (v9.2) without any issues. Neither CPU or memory has ever been a problem before. For me, this started with PT 11.3 when I purchased, installed and activated my first Waves plugin using Waves Central. Immediately started getting AAE 6, AAE 38 and AAE 9173.

I've since uninstalled EVERYTHING, upgraded to PT 12.3 and reinstalled all plugins, except Waves. Trashed PT preferences of course. Updated all drivers and optimized Windows, per Avid's instructions. Per Waves, I ripped out everything related to Waves (app data roaming, local; program data, etc.). PT runs just fine. No issues at that point.

After reinstalling Waves the same issues start again. I have an open ticket with support but am basically reinstalling each Waves product one at a time, saving my largest bundle (Gold) for last. So far, performance was better, especially when using disk cache to load the session into RAM to reduce disk usage. I reinstalled about half of my Waves plugins before Pro Tools started to quit unexpectedly after I reinstalled OneKnob Pumper. Also got AAE 6 at one point trying to load the session into disk cache but that seemed to be ok after rebooting. AAE 9173 seems to be the persistent error and seems more like a stability issue when something spikes.

I've uninstalled everything Waves-related once again and am slowly trying to weed out any other culprits by reinstalling all other Waves plugs one at a time. Waves support has asked me to keep them informed. Oh, I will. I will.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Ok I discovered that after consolidating audio it resolved but not fixed it like someone wrote earlier because it came back BUT I think I have the fix for it .

1. Consolidate audio .
2. Delete the wave cache file that is usually next to the PTx or PTs session file .

That made the trick permanently for me .
Old 12-16-2015, 09:04 PM

The only advise I have is to remove all the unwanted tracks from all your songs. It might be a shot in the dark but it might help to relieve memory stress from your system, especially if you dont ever remove them. Go to your track view list on the right side and remove all unused track and see if that helps.

some times to when there are too many plugins on one individual track instead of using aux busses could have an effect.

Good luck!

Pro Tools 2018, Bx5a monitors, C-214 akg mic, impulse 49 control board, Steingberg UR-44 sound interface, Acer i7 4770 quad core, windows 8, 64 bit, 3.40 ghz, 12G Ram, 12G Hard drive, 1TB external HD Seagate.[/FONT]

I Rock for Jesus!
Old 12-18-2015, 05:20 PM

I've got this same issue nailing me and has been for about a week. I've tried all of the typical fixes except for formatting the drive or going back to 11.

Bummer!
Old 12-21-2015, 07:29 PM

It works if I remove my SPL plugins from the session..
Old 12-27-2015, 09:58 AM

For me, this was indeed an issue with 3rd party plugs, not Pro Tools or hardware issues. Kudos to both Avid and Waves support for working with me to figure this one out. Waves was able to verify everything from their end was installed correctly and that I had the latest versions. Avid then pointed me to a similar issue they're researching involving Brainworx and Sonnox plugs with the S6. While I don't have the S6, I removed several Brainworx plugs (bx_meter, bx_solo, bx_opto, bx_boom) from the plug-ins folder. Over the last few days my system has been stable, with no AAE 6 errors and (so far) no -9173 messages and no instances of the ProTools.exe hanging/crashing unexpectedly either. Happy to report that this is still the case after reinstalling all Waves plugs and updating to PT 12.4 via the Avid App Manager. I now have an open support case with Brainworx.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrat1 View Post
For me, this was indeed an issue with 3rd party plugs, not Pro Tools or hardware issues. Kudos to both Avid and Waves support for working with me to figure this one out. Waves was able to verify everything from their end was installed correctly and that I had the latest versions. Avid then pointed me to a similar issue they're researching involving Brainworx and Sonnox plugs with the S6. While I don't have the S6, I removed several Brainworx plugs (bx_meter, bx_solo, bx_opto, bx_boom) from the plug-ins folder. Over the last few days my system has been stable, with no AAE 6 errors and (so far) no -9173 messages and no instances of the ProTools.exe hanging/crashing unexpectedly either. Happy to report that this is still the case after reinstalling all Waves plugs and updating to PT 12.4 via the Avid App Manager. I now have an open support case with Brainworx.
I'll be curious to know the outcome of all of this. I have some of those plugs in my folder as well, though my system still had issues without them.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:43 PM

I am also having trouble with this when i try to bounce it to another track it records it then it stops and it says AAE 6 Playback error can anyone help me? I have pro tools 12 with a HP laptop with Windows 8, a Scarlet 18i20 interface and a toshiba 1TB hard drive
Old 03-09-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJimenez View Post
I am also having trouble with this when i try to bounce it to another track it records it then it stops and it says AAE 6 Playback error can anyone help me? I have pro tools 12 with a HP laptop with Windows 8, a Scarlet 18i20 interface and a toshiba 1TB hard drive
My ritual when these errors start nailing me is towards the end of this thread. 3rd to the last post, #18. Hopefully this helps some. These are sometimes needle in a haystack things.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=375026