Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 07-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Re: New redesigned C24

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,
When I was looking at controllers came across it. Seems well made and everything, BIG issue for me was that they don't have touch-sensitive faders. They call them touch-sensitive but they're not what most people understand that term to mean, they're motion sensitive. If that isn't a problem for you, go for it.

Pete
ps Welcome!
Just wanted to clarify that the M24 faders are motorized and touch sensitive.
This is an excellent board. I have one.
Hi,
Never said they weren't motorized, they Aren't touch sensitive though, Mixed Logic themselves describe it as 'This basic method could also be referred to as position sensitive...' in the 'Why does the M24 not have silver knobs and what is with the touch sensitive stuff anyway?' section. For some people the distinction is not important, for me it was critical. If you are replaying some automation moves and grab the fader the Mixed Logic will release the fader to your control. If, however, you touch faders that are not moving the system will not know anything has happened and will not go into write. It isn't truly 'touch' sensitive.

Pete
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Ordering my C/24 Monday. Dumping my Mackie DXB 14K for it paid for that 2 years ago. I can get a Control 24 for 3500.00 but its seems i may be better off spending the extra and get the c/24.
I am just diving into my first PT system. I sure hopes this thing works. :))

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 08-08-2008, 07:33 AM

I am now holdiong off on the C24 and looking into the D command ES. I am thinking that may be the better path

Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 PM

Well, The D Command should be a better unit with more bells and whistle if you have the cash for one. I was going to buy a D- Command before purchasing my C24, but when you look at $30,000 compared to $10,000 difference. The price difference for me didn't outway the feature differences. Not to mention the differences in clients to pay for it.
I have been pretty happy for the most part with my C24. Sure there are a few things I would like different, but I am sure there would have been a few things different in the D-Command to.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Well i set my hands on a D- command for about and hour, And frankly i would grab a SSl Matrix before spending that kind of cash on a D- Command. I think for now ill take the C24. I have looked at the options and both are a giant mouse. However Im going to go play with a Matrix next week. we will see.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 AM

Fullsound Recording,
I have been pretty happy with my C24, and given my choices, it was the best bang for the buck.

>>I have looked at the options and both are a giant mouse
I agree.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Talking Re: New redesigned C24

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnoggin View Post
Just saw this and thought I'd pass it along for those of you who haven't stumbled across it yet. I've been out of pocket for a bit, so I may be the only one just now seeing it.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details

Doesn't look like there is much if anything in the way of new and/or added functionality; more like a cosmetic upgrade to align it with the new 003 look and feel. I find myself looking at my Control 24 and seriously debating if the new version is really better. Sure, there's that rising-back design on the old one that blocks control room windows of studios around the world. But there's something about the old one that marked a substantial step towards a more professional studio that may now be missing in the new one, if for no other reason the reduction in physical mass. One of the things the old one gives you is a thing that has that honest-to-god console look about it. I'm not sure I can say the same thing about the new one, with it's flattened, rounded-corner look. Not to mention the new 003 knobs, which some folks strongly believe originate from the Fisher-Price company. Not saying I find myself in that camp; I can take or leave 'em.

I know that what it actually does is the important thing, and the music's the thing, etc. But I also know that customer wow factor (however misguided sometimes) can put clients in the studio and food on the table. And I know from the reactions of potential customers to my old version that the wow factor - cost ratio for the old version is pretty darn good. So I find myself unsure that this new "sleeker" C24 is in my upgrade path, at least for now.
One word, Agreed!