Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2004, 10:47 AM

Default how to play sc through midi in protools tdm real?

Hi,

i am stucking just with this problem.

I have a PT III Nubus system with I/O, Farms and a tdm equiped samplecell in an expansion chassis,
all running behind an 7100/80 with G3 upgrade.

All seems fine. I set up oms and run sc editor first -> samples loaded.

Then I open Protools (4.1.1) and make an auxiliary input for the samplecell. I can play it fine with the samplecell editors onscreen keyboard (ergo tdm and the samplecell are working as expected)but cant play it from my midi keyboard.

The midi-interface is flashing on input so the error must be within the oms setup maybe? But I am out of any idea.

Any sugestions and help welcome.

Thank you.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: how to play sc through midi in protools tdm real?

What MIDI interface are you using? Make sure you have every button set that needs to be and conduct an OMS "auto-detect device" and make sure you have the proper routings set. Also, look into the whole IAC driver# buisness so that you have control over virtual instruments. Check your midi inputs on your PT midi track and remember to record enable it or else you won't get anything. I forget wether or not the SC editor had MIDI routing preferences, but check that stuff out too. It's all about making sure everything is on the same wavelength.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: how to play sc through midi in protools tdm re

OMS passes the MIDI info from the serial port to Pro Tools, and Pro Tools then passes it along to SampleCell.

1) Do you see SampleCell in your OMS Setup?

2) Do you have a MIDI Track in Pro Tools that's set to SampleCell? (The channel# should match the channel of your SC Instrument.)

3) Is your MIDI Track record enabled?

4) Is "MIDI Thru" enabled in the MIDI menu?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:07 AM

Hi Jeff

I just started messing with SoftSampleCell. I can see it on the outputs of my MIDI track and it's set to channel one. Whenever I try to pull up the SSC plug in on an AUX track, I get a 7024 error. Do I need a dedicated PCI Card for this program? Is is possible that it won't work on TDM because it's RTAS and RTAS plugs won't work on aux tracks?

Help!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 03:20 PM

7024 is not a documented digi error code, and I couldn't find any other occurance of it in any of our databases.

It should work fine on TDM, and it doesn't need a dedicated PCI card.

Please post details of your system...
Old 04-04-2005, 09:59 PM

I'm in a similar situation, with similar problem with getting an operating midi set up. SSC is now on a G3, routed out of a AudioMedia II Card and brought in digitally into a G4 running PT 5.1. Both machines are running Mac OS 9.2.
I get sound playing from the editing keyboard in SSC. So that's good.
I am trying to use an old generic midi interface (by altech systems) and I figure it may be the culprit, but I'm seeing if I'm missing some software settings first. How do I set up the OMS software to see and repond to the midi coming in to trigger the SSC?

Thanks;

tuchel
Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 PM

In my case, by creating a "controller" in OMS on the SSC stand alone (G3) and eliminating all but SSC, it was midi friendly. Works great!

tuchel