Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2019, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools regularly freezing + 'Not Responding'!!

Thanks for all the comments, guys.

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing major, major problems.
Windows 10 is up-to-date, and I now have the latest PT Ultimate version installed.

The problem disappeared for a week or two, with no explanation, but the past two days it's come back, & WORSE!

I can literally be recording one track of audio, no plugins, no sends etc, and in my latest test, within one minute, PT froze up.
The strange thing is, it isn't like a normal crash. The audio keeps recording/playing back, but the mix window is usually the first to go, with the mute & solo buttons freezing up & becoming non-responsive. You then try & use some of the other functions and/or stop recording/playback, & you can't. The only way to then get out of PT is to force a close, & you then have to reboot the PC each time to fire PT up again.

I have tried trashing preferences, & that seemed to solve the issue for half an hour or so, but the problem then soon returned.

This is a MAJOR problem, & completely unworkable. Am tearing my hair out with this, & it's costing me clients & income.

It should be noted I've also given the PC a thorough clean & dust (not that it was that dusty inside anyway), & it's certainly not overheating. The Activity Monitor is not showing up anything irregular when the crashes occur, either.

Any other thoughts??