Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 12-20-2021, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Inherited HD3 PCIx cards and want to run on PC

thanks!!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-20-2021, 08:05 AM

Pay attention to the divider between PPC/Intel and Intel-only. I was and still am very saddened that DigiDesign did not bring PPC compatibility all the way to 8.1.1 (HEAT) but surely understand why.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Pay attention to the divider between PPC/Intel and Intel-only. I was and still am very saddened that DigiDesign did not bring PPC compatibility all the way to 8.1.1 (HEAT) but surely understand why.
Indeed, the G5 stops at Leopard and that stops me at PT 8(with maybe a cs update or two). If that's the best I can do with what I have on hand, I can live with that. Building a PC with PCI slots could get me to PT 10HD, but that will cost quite a bit more(especially since I would need to buy a 10 HD license). Still waiting(and hoping) for a friend to come thru with software and iLok for 8 HD

Old 01-18-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Wow...the silence is deafening Can anyone tell me if these PCIx cards will work in PCI slots with this motherboard?

Jetway NAF93-Q77 ATX "Ivy Bridge" Motherboard
I'm just finishing up an HD3 build on that motherboard now. I've personally been running Pro Tools (vanilla/non-HD) on this mobo for years using RME interface cards. The key for audio applications is that a motherboard includes pci slots that are natively supported (as opposed to bridged to pci-e). This Jetway mobo is well known by both windows AND hackintosh builders as being the last/best option for native pci support.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justDoug View Post
I'm just finishing up an HD3 build on that motherboard now. I've personally been running Pro Tools (vanilla/non-HD) on this mobo for years using RME interface cards. The key for audio applications is that a motherboard includes pci slots that are natively supported (as opposed to bridged to pci-e). This Jetway mobo is well known by both windows AND hackintosh builders as being the last/best option for native pci support.
Thanks for that info. I'm hoping to get things going with PT8 HD to keep costs down(got a working G5). If that fails, I'll go looking for a 10 HD license

Old 08-02-2022, 12:27 AM

i had a jetway socket 1155 mobo once with "native" pci slots and that performed way worse than a fujitsu 1150 mobo with bridged (plx pcie to pci) slots.

magma pci extension solutions all use bridges themselves and that's how many people use the hd cards!

i would say rather than building a pc around old pci cards just hunt for a magma expansion chassis.. and just install a pcie card in your existing machine...

magmas are made so that long full size pci cards always fit and get proper ventillation!
Old 08-02-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranza View Post
i had a jetway socket 1155 mobo once with "native" pci slots and that performed way worse than a fujitsu 1150 mobo with bridged (plx pcie to pci) slots.

magma pci extension solutions all use bridges themselves and that's how many people use the hd cards!

i would say rather than building a pc around old pci cards just hunt for a magma expansion chassis.. and just install a pcie card in your existing machine...

magmas are made so that long full size pci cards always fit and get proper ventillation!
I decided to take the cheap way out and got it all working on the old G5 and finally sold it as a turnkey rig, along with the Control 24 and some odds and ends. At least it went to a good home

Old 09-02-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Wow...the silence is deafening Can anyone tell me if these PCIx cards will work in PCI slots with this motherboard?

Jetway NAF93-Q77 ATX "Ivy Bridge" Motherboard
A little late to the party but for reference I’m running a HD4 Accel on this motherboard with Windows XP Pro, Pro Tools HD 8.1.1,3.2GHz i5, 4Gb ram, SSD for the OS and two 10K rpm WD raptors for audio. It’s bad to the bone, records 48 stereo tracks for almost 8 hrs without a hiccup, only stopped because the file size limit for XP was reached. I keep it for a remote recording rig.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6