Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-23-2022, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Mute button mutes all tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Are all the tracks selected? This is easy to accidentally do(if all the track names are highlighted, then all are selected. Option or Alt-click any track name to de-select. If that fails, open the Tracks bin on the left side and look in the bottom box where groups are shown. The ALL group is always in there(even if you never created one). Last idea, if you select a single clip on one of your tracks, do any other clips get selected? If so, you accidentally made a Clip Group(which does not show in the Groups box).
Hi. I solved the problem with another thread's answer. What you suggest was not the problem. The problem was that the button edit link selection was not selected. When this happens the only way this shortcut works is if you select a clip directly. If not, it behaves like it did on my session. So the solution in is to toggle this button so it will función as I wa Ted... Just by selecting the track.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:52 PM

hello yall. my problem is that i hear no sound from track all mute buttons are not on. this has happen before. the meters show sound. i check sound control panel everything is good with other track, what am i not seeing on pro tools 12?
Old 12-11-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
hello yall. my problem is that i hear no sound from track all mute buttons are not on. this has happen before. the meters show sound. i check sound control panel everything is good with other track, what am i not seeing on pro tools 12?
Things to look for:
1-check your playback engine to make sure you are actually using the interface you want to use.
2-Look for a track in SOLO(even a hidden track)
3-recheck your IO settings to be sure you are using the correct output path(sometimes opening Setup>IO>Output tab and deleting all available paths and then hitting the DEFAULT button will solve the issue)
4-Hold SHIFT while opening a session. This will make all plugins inactive(no settings are lost). If the sessions plays back like this, then you probably have a bad plugin(especially if you have the same plugin on all tracks).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave