Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-06-2016, 09:13 AM

Default Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

I'm running Pro Tools HD Native with an HD Omni and two Artist Mixes and an Artist Control connected to a MacBook Pro running the latest MacOS Sierra. I've had these controllers for years and just realized there's a Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control but I can't seem to figure out what it can do or if it even CAN do anything.

Anyone figure out how to use this for anything?
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 12-06-2016, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

No it doesn't, it used to but it hasn't worked for ages which is a real shame because it would be quite useful..., a wasted knob now I'm afraid
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Doesn't it work with Logic?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 AM

I posted about this many many times seems it pretty much does nothing check my previous posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 01-26-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmichaelwenz View Post
I posted about this many many times seems it pretty much does nothing check my previous posts
Hi

Working with Cubase as the main DAW.

This knob does excactly, what it should do - control the volume (and mute if pushing the knob) for the control room - if this feature is activated within the application.

Works fine and I use it regularly.

Cheers
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 02-25-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSTUDIOS View Post
Hi

This knob does excactly, what it should do - control the volume (and mute if pushing the knob) for the control room - if this feature is activated within the application.

Cheers

Well, THAT'S great news (since I'm a Nuendo user), as I am slowly migrating to a complete ITB setup! Right now, my interface is my DA7 desk. But I have plans to replace it with the Antelope Orion 32ch AD/DA and a couple of SPL Mix Dream modules. I'd been seeing all of these videos where guys are locking a fader in their MC Controls and/or Mix units for the master output and I freaked. If you're trying to get MORE faders (multiple units), why on earth would you want to lose one for something like that? I just purchased my 2nd Mix to build a 20 fader setup (should arrive Wed.). Knowing that the control volume knob still works is a big relief!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Nuendo 1 - 7 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |
Old 02-26-2017, 03:40 AM

Are you using any software to get your control volume to work and if so what software are you using? I wish this feature did work, but I've never managed to get it to do anything, mores the pity ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSTUDIOS View Post
Hi

Cheers
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:34 AM

I'm sure this is a naive statement, but it seems to me that, if you can map the output to a single fader and lock it, you should be able to map it to the knob. WHY isn't this possible? What logic could Avid possibly have for denying the use of that knob?!!? 😯
Old 02-26-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
I'm sure this is a naive statement, but it seems to me that, if you can map the output to a single fader and lock it, you should be able to map it to the knob. WHY isn't this possible? What logic could Avid possibly have for denying the use of that knob?!!?

As far as I know, they used to have a piece of software that made it work, but that got broken quite a while ago! I'm 100% with you on the stupidity of that knob not working!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Avid

The Monitor knob (on all Eucon surfaces) works with any EUCON enabled monitoring App or DAW. Nuendo, Cubase, Pyramix, SMP2, XMON EUCON, DAD, MTRX, Trinnov The D-Mon.
We did have our own Studio Monitor Express App but Apple broke the audio API's rendering it useless.
Its definitely on my list to improve monitoring control including the idea of being able to assign the knob to a fader.