Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-14-2021, 12:34 PM

Default No Eligible License Upgrade Error

I recently purchased an upgrade to Pro tools Ultimate perpetual through Alto Music. I am currently running Pro Tools 11 HD. When entering the code on Avid's site, I am getting this error message:

"This iLok account does not appear to have an eligible license for this upgrade. Please ensure that your iLok account below is correct. For information on eligible products see the product description details on shop.avid.com or your Avid reseller."

However, my iLok account does have the Pro Tools 11 HD license on it. Alto Music said it looks correct on their end. I put a case in with Avid support, and it has now been over a week with no solution or response. The case is currently in sub stage "Case Assigned" with no further details on when it will be resolved.

I find it shocking how slow the support is to get this issue resolved - not being able to use software I've purchased with no way to quickly resolve the issue considering the high price of the upgrade is unacceptable. Is there any way to expedite fixing this problem?
Old 12-14-2021, 12:53 PM

Default Re: No Eligible License Upgrade Error

Not going to defend Avid support, but... a common issue is folks giving wrong iLok account info, slight misspelling etc. Or folks who have multiple iLok accounts giving the wrong account. If you file a support case for problems and got an incident number post your incident number here to try to help Avid staff help you.

Hopefully the license you have does qualifies for an upgrade, was not a NFR/demo license or educational license (actually I have no idea what the upgrade policy is there).

I'm sure Alto music is trying to help but the "looks OK on their side" is likely very very limited, I doubt they can't see details of your iLok account or licenses etc.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the response. iLok account information is definitely correct, and Alto Music has also reached out to Avid and was told they're working on resolving the issue.

I just tried the registration code one more time, and actually it is now calling the code invalid, which I take to be a good sign that some kind of progress is being made on the issue...with no communication from Avid.

Case number is 04307457 should anyone from Avid run across this.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:46 PM

Posting to subscribe to this thread.
I've bought a redemption code myself, and this is disturbing.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:04 PM

escalating
Old 12-15-2021, 06:47 AM

I'll keep this updated with what the problem/solution ends up being.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
escalating
Thank you.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMus View Post
I'll keep this updated with what the problem/solution ends up being.
Thank you - same situation - have PT 10/11HD Perpetual License and was planning on taking advantage of this upgrade promotion to get current.

Was going to purchase through Avid and get the 12.5% Rakuten Cashback offer but after asking a friend at Avid, he confirmed purchasing the license through them activates immediately and you cannot 'bank' the code as if you were to purchase with third party like Sweetwater.
I still have not upgraded my old Macbook Pro, so 'banking' the code is a big deal for me.

Just fyi - for people in similar circumstance, he did confirm, the new Perpetual license will still allow me to open my older Pro Tools 10/11HD versions - which is comforting if i run into any troubles upgrading to new computer -
Old 12-15-2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMus View Post
I recently purchased an upgrade to Pro tools Ultimate perpetual through Alto Music. I am currently running Pro Tools 11 HD. When entering the code on Avid's site, I am getting this error...
Welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay - looks like the wrong product (it's a 'trade up' from PT instead of an upgrade from HD) so checking in with Alto and will reply ASAP via support case.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay - looks like the wrong product (it's a 'trade up' from PT instead of an upgrade from HD) so checking in with Alto and will reply ASAP via support case.
Thank you. FWIW, my iLok account has both a PT 11 HD license and a regular PT 11 license as part of what is called a "Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle" on my iLok account.

If there is a specific product for updating an older HD license like this to the current perpetual ultimate, I have not seen it. The listings I have seen, including on Avid's own site, just describe an upgrade to ultimate perpetual, which I assumed would work since it was actually the only listed upgrade option to ultimate perpetual.

If this is special order upgrade, you should very clearly state this so customers don't end up in a similar situation as mine. I planned on these updates and upgrades to my mixing rig taking about a week, and it's now been down about two weeks.