Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-31-2021, 12:58 PM

Default ARTIST MIX / EUCON connection

I just reconnected my artist mix after many months and some software updates. Some times it connects to EUCON and my Pro Tools session, and sometimes it does not.
Most recently, after it did not connect, I turned off EUCON, turned it back on, was now able to see artist mix in the surfaces window of the eucon settings, clicked on Artist Mix in Eucon window, opened Pro Tools and VIOLA!
Sometimes I have to go into PT peripherals and choose the ethernet again after already having set in a session.
Is there a way to set this up correctly so I don't have to troubleshoot every time I open a session? I updated firmware form Avid. This is maddening.
Thanks,
John

macOSmojave 10.14.6
3.5 Ghz 6-core
64GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Pro Tools 2020.12
Eucontrol 2020.11.1.10
Eucon 4.7.4.10
Old 04-01-2021, 07:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: ARTIST MIX / EUCON connection

Turning off EUCON in PT has no effect on whether the Artist Mix is seen in EuControl or not. There are 2 connections that have to work for everything to be OK. If the Mix has yellow rectangles in its OLED's then its connected to EuControl but EuControl doesnt see PT. If EuControl is set to run automatically on Computer launch, this can sometimes cause issues if networks are still coming up/changing, so take it out of that and try launching manually and see if that helps.