Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 11-18-2020, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Loose harness ProControl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickoDean View Post
Update:

I have managed to open the unit from the top. After careful examination I have C5 led blinking near rear of unit and on the main circuit board (2 separate lights). The power harness that powers the main unit is indeed loose. Loose enough for the harness to jiggle, causing the unit to go in and out. Also the skynet PSU is visibly in good condition, no burnt smell, the caps are all seated and not bulging.

My next question:

Is there anything I can do to secure the harness that power the main circuit board? FWIW, I’ve never soldered anything; don’t know how to. Is there a special electrical adhesive that I can purchase?
Hmmm, the best solution is likely to be pulling the wires out of the connector and soldering each wire directly to the pin it goes to. If you feel that's above your skill level, take a look at the connector under a well-lit magnifier. Maybe there are tabs that can be bent a little(with something like a dental pick tool) so they apply more pressure on the pins. This would likely be my choice

One trick that often worked well on the old 002 was to connect/disconnect several times(the idea being that this action will scrape thru any oxidation). Also, try to see if there is a way to insert some rigid foam to apply gentle pressure on the connection when everything is all together.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave