How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Default Strike stuck in kit mode

Greetings.

I have a session that sounded great the last time I played it, but today when I opened it, Strike was stuck in kit mode. Instead of playing the grooves I had setup, it only plays a single hit, and triggering from the MIDI keyboard does the same thing. I tried opening up a new session and assigning a new Strike track, and it works fine there, so I'm wondering if I'm just missing something.

BTW - I *can* get a groove by playing the virtual keyboard in Strike by mouse clicking the note, but it won't playback when triggered via MIDI.

Thanks for any help.

Pro Tools 8.0.1
Mac Pro "Nehalem" 8-core 2.26 GHz
8 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.5.8
Old 09-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Strike stuck in kit mode

It's because your instrument track sends to the wrong midi channel. I had the same problem once.

I'm not at my pro tools rig right now, and I can't remember, on top of my head, precisely how to change it...
Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Assign midi tracks to Strike channel one (groove/loop mode). Channel 2 is kit mode.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:07 AM

I am having the same exact problem that you are having with Strike. I read the strike manual and I understand the difference between 'kit' and 'style' mode, but I still can't get my MIDI events in my Strike instrument track to trigger patterns. Each event that would normally trigger a pattern, now triggers a single drum sound. It worked fine yesterday. What are the exact steps to solve this problem?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmator View Post
I am having the same exact problem that you are having with Strike. I read the strike manual and I understand the difference between 'kit' and 'style' mode, but I still can't get my MIDI events in my Strike instrument track to trigger patterns. Each event that would normally trigger a pattern, now triggers a single drum sound. It worked fine yesterday. What are the exact steps to solve this problem?

Thanks
Amolin and Music both answered... Strike was reassigned to channel 2, you need to revert it back to channel 1 to get it to play patterns.

There is a picture showing track features on page 157 of the reference manual. Look for the midi input and output assignments at the top and make sur that they are set correctly.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:18 AM

Wink Re: Strike stuck in kit mode

Thanks very much for your help. As it turns out, I had the I/O view turned off on my 'instrument' tracks, thereby not showing the MIDI input and output channels. Once I turned on the I/O view in my instrument tracks, I saw that the 'output' was set to the wrong channel. It works now. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Amolin and Music both answered... Strike was reassigned to channel 2, you need to revert it back to channel 1 to get it to play patterns.

There is a picture showing track features on page 157 of the reference manual. Look for the midi input and output assignments at the top and make sur that they are set correctly.

Peace!

Every once in a while searching the DUC turns up exactly the answer I need!

Thanks guys!