Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Default Noobie need help - Recording with Kore Player

Hello everyone and thanks for reading,

I'm new to recording and I need basic advises/helps/tips.
(Note: I'm really, really, new to all this)

First of all, before you guyz ask, I'm running:

Pro Tools LE 7.4.2
MAC OS X 10.5.6
External LaCie Firewire drive
Yamaha Stage Piano CP33
The Free Kore Player 2.0.4.003

Working:

- Piano (USB) is recognized in Kore Player. I can change sounds, effects, etc. Great.

- If I open PT, create a new instrumental track, add plugin, choose Instrument and load the Kore Player, it is working, I can play on the Piano and hear sounds.

Problems:

- When I play a note on the piano, it looks like it is been sent to all tracks. The little "sound monitor" (Green bar) is going up on my instrumental track, but also on all others track. What and I missing ?

- When I record I can see Midi notes recording (like spot on piano bar) but I don't see the sound like some king of "Wave" format. Is it possible to record the Midi but also the sound in audio format like .wav (like the rest of my tracks?)

- I'm often geeting my mac freezing after 1-2 min of playing and a message appears saying that I should change my buffer size, and stuff like that. How can I make sure my PT settings are optimized when I record with Kore Player ?

So many questions, I'm sorry. Thanks in advance everyone for your help, it is really appreciated.

- JeanDit
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Noobie need help - Recording with Kore Player

I hate NI with a passion but check this article out:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ard&L=1#c65525
Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Noobie need help - Recording with Kore Player

While The Dougfather is right about the two not technically being compatible, this should not cause the problems that you have.

I use Kore Player right now in PT. There are occasional clicks and pops, but it works to some degree. I'll address your problems as best I can.

1.) Make sure you have your inputs set correctly. If you have the same inputs for all of those tracks, then the green sound monitor will show sound. Are the other tracks MIDI or audio tracks?

2.) Kore Player is a virtual instrument, and therefore records to MIDI. If you want live audio before your bounce, you have to bus your Kore Player track to another track and record. To do this, record your track in Kore Player first, which will be all MIDI notes. Then, choose Bus 1-2 for the outputs of the Kore Player track. Create a new Audio track. Set the input of that track for Bus 1-2. Arm for recording on this new track, hit the master arm for record button at the top, and start recording.

3.) This is where the compatibility issues come in. Go to playback engine in the Setup Menu. Under CPU usage, there should be a checkbox that says something like "ignore playback errors while using RTAS", make sure this is checked. Now, instead of freezing, there will be some minor clicks and pops. This is still irritating, but at least your session won't crash. It may take a couple of runs to get a clean take, with minimal or sometimes no errors.

Hope this helps, post back with any questions!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Thumbs up Re: Noobie need help - Recording with Kore Player

Thanks The Dougfather for the info. Ill keep in mind that this is bugged and will never be perfect! (If you know any program that can do the same for free I will be please to try it).

Thanks Tbassist4 for your helpfull explaination. I will try them soon and give you news about all this.

Guys this is really appreciated, thanks and have a great day.