Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Default Bounces selected track but shows remaining time of longest track

I just completed recording about an hour long session of multiple voices on one track. I then created separate tracks for each voice. I'm trying to bounce each individual track separately. I select the track I want, then bounce it. It bounces the track I want, however it keeps recording and gives me the remaining time based on the longest track. Is there a way to isolate and bounce a single track on a multi track recording session without it continuing to record for the length of the longest track?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Bounces selected track but shows remaining time of longest track

Highlight the track you want, and for the time you want. The bounce will include that time only. If each track is a single audio clip(aka region), simply highlighting the clip will do the trick

Now maybe if you describe what your goal is, someone can offer a better way to accomplish it

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Exclamation Still need help: Bounces selected track but shows remaining time of longest track

Pardon my ignorance, but I think I'm missing something basic. I've tried highlighting the track I want with the grabber and I also have tried highlighting it with the Selector Tool, and every time I bounce it plays and records the track I've selected, but the remaining time is based on the longest track (i.e.: 26 minutes instead of the 5 seconds that the selected track actually plays for). The project I'm working on is to create individual mp3 files for a website to showcase the multiple voices that I do (I do over a hundred different voices).

To simplify things, it is bouncing the track selected however it thinks the total time is the time of the longest track.

Here's how I set up the recording:
1. I created one track and recorded continuous to capture all the voices.
2. For each voice I recorded, I created a separate track and used the Selector Tool to highlight the frame I wanted from the first track and then cut and pasted it to the separate track.
3. I have a Master Fader track at the bottom.
4. In order to bounce the separate tracks, I have used the grabber and highlighted the recording section that I pasted into the track. I have also highlighted the name section to the left.
5. I then select bounce, ask it to create after bounce, change file format to MP3, and create the file names, then click save. It then displays the widow that shows it is Bouncing to Disk, but the Time Remaining is based on the first track I created to capture all the voices at one time and not the track I selected.

I appreciate any help you can offer.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 PM

If you highlight a track that's 1 minute long, but the bounce runs longer, that's UNexpected behavior. First line of defense for anything unexpected is; trash prefs and database files. Either read the General Troubleshooting thread or grab the handy Trasher utility from guitardom

Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM

Exclamation Re: Bounces selected track but shows remaining time of longest track

I checked the Avid Knowledge Base and a similar issue was reported. Can anyone tell me what I need to do or who I need to contact to resolve this issue (see below)?

Avid Knowledge Base
Bounce to MP3 results in a file that is longer than the original bounce duration.

Last Updated : April 9, 2012
Products Affected :

Bounce to MP3 results in a file that is longer than the original bounce duration.

This is a known issue in Pro Tools LE and HD 7.3.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsmith007 View Post

This is a known issue in Pro Tools LE and HD 7.3.
Upgrade to 7.4 or 8.