Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 AM

Default \"DAE LOADED\" problem

This problem occurs with 6.9, 7.0, and 7.1

When i install Pro Tools, it will work fine for a while. But after getting shutdown a couple of times, maybe about 4, the next time i load pro tools, it freezes on the DAE loaded or Creating DAE objects part. Does anyone know how to correct this? It just recently started doing this too.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Re: \"DAE LOADED\" problem

Hello, I had this problem as well... I ended up calling digi about it and basically we came to the agreement that it must be the firewire card... it wasn't one of their oh so magnificent recomended firewire cards. You didn't list what hardware you are using... but I was having the issue with the 002r. It was a weird issue, cause sometimes Pro Tools would work, other times it wouldn't... real pain in the ass!

However, one day when moving my setup around, I ended up plugging the 002r into a different firewire port on my computer (my card has like 3 ports), and alas! I haven't had an issue since. Every now and again I'll try the other port for [bleep] and giggles, and I get that same damn problem that you're having now. So what I suggest to you is try a different firewire port (assuming you have an 002 and not an mbox, and if you have an mbox try a different usb port, can't hurt) and if that doesn't work perhaps go out and buy one of digi's suggested firewire cards.

Another work around I found, is that if I turned on my 002r before I turned on my computer, it would 99.9% of time work without any issues. Hope this helps you out!

Mike