Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-18-2021, 09:34 PM

Default Strange Behaviour When S1 Running With PT Ultimate

Hi there,

I have been seeing some very odd and rather frustrating behaviour whenever my S1 is plugged in running with Pro Tools. For reference, I'm on PT Ultimate 2021.7.0, Eucontrol 2021.6.1.7, and EUCON 4.7.9.7.

First of all, whenever I press the three modifier keys Control+Option+Command together, every track in the session switches in to volume automation view. I primarily use this in conjunction with the command for setting all tracks to smallest height (Cntrl+Opt+Cmd+Down), but just pressing them without a fourth action key gives the same behaviour.

Secondly, when using the key command Control+Command+Down to expand selected tracks to fit screen height, one of two things will happen: either the tracks will expand to the correct height, but the vertical scroll goes off somewhere else, not displaying the tracks correctly; or ONE of the tracks in the selection will put itself in to volume automation view. It does not appear to be consistent which track it is that goes in to automation view, even when the selection is the same i.e. a group is forcing the selection of the tracks.

Also, if I hit Cmd+S to save the session, something happens immediately that modifies the session so that it needs to be saved again when going to close the session.

I have been unable to find any particular settings in either Pro Tools or Eucontrol that would explain this very frustrating behaviour so was hoping that someone might be able to help me get to the bottom of this. To confirm, when the S1 is not connected to Pro Tools, I do not see any of this behaviour, which has resulted in multiple situations of having to turn off my control sufrace just so I can work.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Strange Behaviour When S1 Running With PT Ultimate

This sounds like you have a fader reporting touch. I just tested and I get the same behavior if I hold a fader for both these issues. If you put tracks on all the S1 strips is one of them displaying the Vol db and the rest track names?
Old 10-19-2021, 03:22 PM

>If you put tracks on all the S1 strips is one of them displaying the Vol db and the rest track names?

Yes... two of them are: fader 4 and fader 7 are both displaying the Vol db, while the others are displaying the names.

Upon further investigation using a new session with only 8 blank tracks in it, it appears that fader 4 is not working at all (Pro Tools won't respond), and fader 7 will only sometimes respond, or sometimes stick and not budge.

So seems like a hardware fault.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:31 PM

Can confirm... I've just swapped out my S1 for another S1, same exact settings/preferences, and it works fine. Looks like I'll have to get it replaced. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:12 PM
Avid

Sorry about that. Glad you know what it is now though.