Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-30-2023, 02:37 PM

Default Midi Editor Lag - Sustain Controller Lane Issues

I'm having some lagging and editing problems in the Midi Editor. When editing Midi the notes don't respond to my clicks, drags or other edits for a few seconds and it is very laggy. I've narrowed it down to only one thing so far.

This issue has occurred after a recording session with piano. When I was looking over the clips in the editor window and noticed the lag, I deleted the sustain controller lane at the bottom. All of the sustain pedal (C64) information when deleted would stop the midi lagging.

The only other thing I could think of would be issues with my new control surface. The one thing I changed recently was installing and setting up my new controller ( SSL UF8) Not sure if this is interfering with my editing. It doesn't seem so.